Graduate Renewable Energy Consultant
💼 Graduate Job
AI generated summary
- The ideal candidate for this Graduate Renewable Energy Consultant position should have a minimum of a bachelor's degree in a relevant engineering discipline, with a preference for a master's degree. They should possess knowledge of green hydrogen and 'Power to X' technologies, as well as an understanding of trends and economic conditions in the renewables and clean energy industry. Strong communication skills, attention to detail, and a commitment to safety are essential, along with a high level of motivation, adaptability, and the ability to comprehend and apply technical information in a practical context.
- The candidate will support experienced consultants in delivering green hydrogen and 'Power to X' projects, collecting and evaluating project data, developing methodologies, completing calculations, assisting with equipment selection, and participating in project reviews.
- This role will focus on growing our team of hydrogen consultants; however we do seek opportunities for our team members to gain experience across the breadth of our business.
- In the role you will work as part of a team to deliver a variety of studies; ranging from early project development support, hybrid modelling, technology assessments and market evaluations in the clean hydrogen and ‘Power to X’ market.
- Skills And Qualifications:
- You may read these details and are potentially thinking about not applying due to not having every single skill, knowledge or experience listed, and that’s understandable. However, we’d still like to hear from you. At Wood, we understand and acknowledge that everyone is different, and we are committed to equal opportunities and want to access all of the talent that is out there. We are committed to attracting a broad range of skills, knowledge and experiences and embrace differences. So even if you feel you don’t have everything listed, but feel you have some of the experience, knowledge or skills to help us unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges….do apply.
- Minimum Qualifications:
- ISCED Level 6 Bachelors (minimum) or Level 7 Masters (preferred) Degree in relevant engineering discipline (Process, Mechanical or similar).
- Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- This is an entry level role, degree qualified incumbents will typically have less than two years experience:
- Awareness of green hydrogen and ‘Power to X’ technologies and potential offtake routes
- Knowledge of trends and economic conditions affecting the renewables and wider clean energy industry.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret technical information and can demonstrate the application of theory in a practical context.
- Graduate level of competence in the application of standards, processes and procedures and how they are used in work execution
- Ability to prepare accurate, effective, complete and easily understood written communications and reports
- Good level of general computer literacy and basic familiarity with some relevant specialist engineering software
- Personal attributes:
- Able to communicate clearly verbally and in written form
- Enthusiastic, conscientious and keen to learn.
- High level of awareness and commitment to safety in all aspects of daily work.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Highly motivated and demonstrates personal initiative.
- Possesses integrity, strong work ethic, positive attitude, and is dependable.
- Adaptable and flexible to the changing needs of projects.
Area of Responsibilities
- Support experienced consultants in the delivery of front end green hydrogen and ‘Power to X’ projects by performing a variety of routine technical activities which are planned to provide experience and familiarization with the methods, practices, and programs of the company.
- Seek solutions to problems using academic understanding and industry awareness .
- Collect and evaluate project data from multiple sources, and in collaboration with more experienced technical personnel, develop methodologies to deliver solutions to our customers.
- Follow established processes to complete calculations, investigations and to develop project concepts.
- Gradually expand capability by assisting more experienced technical personnel with specific aspects of more complex tasks.
- Assist with the specification and selection of equipment to meet project criteria.
- Develop skills for effective communication with other departments and business areas.
- Participate in project reviews alongside and in support of more experienced technical personnel.
What we can offer
- Meaningful and interesting projectsdelivered to leaders of industry across renewables and emerging energy sectors
- Flexible working arrangementsthat balance client, team and individual needs offering hybrid and remote working where relevant
- Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion; we are an organisation actively committed to diversity and inclusion across our business
- Competitive salarywith regular salary reviews to ensure we are rewarding at the right level in line with the market
- Flexible benefits package; inclusive of 33 days annual leave (including public holidays), generous contributory pension scheme, private medical cover, 4x base salary life insurance; all of these and more that can be adapted to suit your own
- Commitment to continued professional development;development plans that are tailored to your individual needs and interests
- Global connections; join experts around the world who are at the leading edge of our industry, shaping the standards of our profession