Graduate Scheme - Planning Consultant - Birmingham, September 2024
💼 Graduate Job
AI generated summary
- The ideal candidate for this graduate scheme will have a bachelor's or master's degree, strong academic and interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and a passion for property and client service. They should also possess excellent written and numeracy skills and be eager to learn and improve in a professional setting.
- The candidate will work as an Assistant Planning Consultant, supporting the London Planning team and undertaking tasks such as planning history searches, reviewing policies, preparing applications and appraisals, assisting with appeals, and preparing representations to planning policy documents.
- Gerald Eve prides itself on being able to offer the highest standard of training and dedicated support, continuing throughout their careers. We are a well-established, professional and highly regarded Partnership within the industry with an excellent reputation for training and development.
- Our Planning & Development team is one of the most respected in the UK. More than 120 people strong, based in London, Manchester and Birmingham, we offer one of the largest integrated teams in our sector. We have a blue-chip client base and work hard to create long-term, enduring relationships that will generate added value for our clients. We are a highly experienced, personable team with real depth of skill, knowledge, innovation commitment and resource.
- Our aim is to nurture creative and dynamic property consultants. Working as an Assistant Planning Consultant, you will work within our Planning & Development team, getting real experience from day one on a range of exciting projects.
- As a graduate you will have a bachelor’s or master’s degree and will be able to show you successfully applied yourself to academic study as well as wider activities, you will have excellent communication and technology skills, an eye for detail and the desire to develop your career in a first-class professional environment.
- We look for individuals who have excellent written and numeracy skills, but above all are individuals who demonstrate a passion for property and the built environment, a drive for excellent client service, and have a curiosity for how things are done and how they can be improved.
Area of Responsibilities
Architecture & Urban Planning
- As an Assistant Planning Consultant, you will receive support towards gaining your competencies to achieve RTPI chartership and you will be able to attend training days to further develop your knowledge, skills and behaviours. We remain at the forefront of policy making and our unrivalled knowledge of central and local government planning systems ensures our clients receive first class, impartial advice and innovative, intelligent solutions to meet their objectives. You will work closely with members of the London Planning team and other members of the P&D team providing them with assistance.
- The role will include carrying out and supporting on a wide variety of tasks including:
- Planning history searches
- Reviewing planning policies
- Preparing planning applications
- Undertaking planning appraisals
- Assisting with planning appeals
- Preparing representations to evolving planning policy documents