Graduate SES Consultant - Manchester
💼 Graduate Job
AI generated summary
- Applicants for the Graduate SES Consultant position at Hydrock in Manchester must have a relevant degree, passion for innovation, excellent communication skills, knowledge of the construction industry, and preferably experience in Part L modelling or LCA, additional languages, and a UK driving licence. Academic knowledge in building physics/environmental design or sustainability-related disciplines is also desirable.
- The Graduate SES Consultant in Manchester will assist in delivering BREEAM projects, manage their own workload to meet deadlines, review project details and develop sustainability targets, communicate requirements to team members, produce reports for clients, attend site visits, prepare bids and proposals, engage with skills networks, and complete relevant training to become a certified BREEAM assessor/AP.
- Here’s a fantastic opportunity to join our highly influential Smart, Energy and Sustainability Division.
- We are looking to recruit graduates who are enthusiastic about driving a sustainable, net-zero future, with a focus on developing strategies to reduce carbon emissions and optimize operational energy consumption of infrastructure, encompassing its construction, utilization and end of life phases, through effective carbon management and decarbonisation plans.
- You will be developing your technical skills through taking on a variety of complex projects as well as being supported in the development of your softer skills through our early careers learning and development program: ‘The Learning Curve’. We are looking for graduates who
- Hold a relevant degree, BEng (Hons) or BSc (Hons) or equivalent/higher.
- A passion for innovation and problem solving.
- Humility, self-motivation and enthusiasm.
- Excellent communication, presentation and writing skills.
- An understanding of the construction industry and built environment.
- We are also keen to know if you can offer any of these attributes:
- Part L modelling experience (TAS preferable) and LCA experience (Oneclick preferable)
- Additional languages that you are fluent or able to apply professionally, as well as English.
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Also, any academic knowledge of:
- Building physics/environmental design, environmental science or sustainability-related disciplines.
- Building performance modelling techniques
- Planning, environmental impact assessments or wider sustainability legislation.
- or technical ability in building services related disciplines.
Area of Responsibilities
- Assisting in the delivery of BREEAM projects, with support from a senior member of the team.
- Part L, Energy Strategies and LCA assessment
- Managing own workload to meet project deadlines.
- Reviewing project details and developing targets for sustainability.
- Reviewing documentation provided by project teams, assess this against the project’s targets and provide feedback or follow-up.
- Setup and maintain projects via the project evidence tracker.
- Communicating sustainability requirements to internal and external team members.
- Producing reports providing advice and guidance to clients and project teams.
- Attending site visits to review progress against sustainability targets.
- Reviewing the performance of designated projects on a monthly basis and update the team’s project tracker with progress information.
- Assisting in preparing bids and proposals for new work.
- Engaging with skills networks to exchange best practice and processes.
- Arranging and attending meetings, taking minutes and distributing actions.
- Completing relevant training to become certified as a BREEAM assessor / AP.
- Inspiring and supportive colleagues
- Reward for progression and hard work
- An opportunity to develop your soft skills on “The Learning Curve” program
- Competitive starting salary
- Excellent health benefits
- 25 days of holiday (buy/sell up to five days)
- An earlier finish on Friday (4pm!)
- An opportunity to give back: “Day off for good cause” (on a workday)
- A huge range of flexible benefits
- Our biggest event of the year: Annual Challenge Day!