Graduate Software Engineer - Belfast - Summer/ Autumn 2024 Start
💼 Graduate Job
AI generated summary
- The successful candidate must have or be studying towards a Level 6 bachelor's degree in a relevant subject, possess programming skills, understand the software development lifecycle, make effective decisions, have good communication and problem-solving skills, work well in teams, and be able to meet deadlines.
- The candidate will be responsible for developing innovative software solutions, working in project teams, learning new technologies, and gaining experience in technical, team-working, and Agile project practices.
- As a Graduate Software Engineer with Kainos, you will work on projects where you can make a real difference to people’s lives – the lives of people you know. After taking part in our award-winning, seven-week Engineering Academy, you will join one of our many project teams, to learn from our experienced Developers, Project Managers and customer-facing teams. You’ll have great support and mentoring, balanced with the experience of being given real, meaningful work to do, to help you truly develop both technically and professionally.
- Upon completion of the 12-month Early Careers Programme, you will have gained knowledge and skills to help transform the organization and set you on the path to becoming the next generation of leaders at Kainos. Fun fact - 11 of our 17 leadership team members have graduated from our Early Careers Programme!
- Currently studying towards, or already obtained, at least a Level 6 bachelor's degree in a relevant subject
- Familiar with some programming languages and implementation environments
- Some understanding of the software development lifecycle from your studies or relevant work experience, and the relevance of different tools at different stages of the development lifecycle
- Able to make effective decisions with the support of team members, within fast-moving delivery environment
- Have an open attitude to sharing knowledge and information
- Good communication skills with the ability to communicate issues to other technical people and, sometimes, non-technical people
- Good problem- solving and analytical skills
- We all work in teams here in Kainos – so a proven ability of strong team skills, including taking direction from others, is crucial
- Ability to carry out responsibilities in accordance with company policies, procedures and processes
- Ability to deliver tasks within a given timeframe
Area of Responsibilities
- Developing high quality solutions which impact the lives of users worldwide;
- Working as part of a team to solve problems and produce innovative software solutions;
- Learning about new technologies and approaches, with talented colleagues who will help you learn, develop and grow;
- Working in project teams to learn how to develop and unit test straightforward or low complexity components, and then moving on to more complex elements as you increase your knowledge;
- Working with other Developers on working through designs and user stories and to produce real development solutions;
- Fully supported by experienced colleagues in the team to follow designs and then progress to assist in any other aspect of the project life cycle under supervision;
- Develop excellent technical, team-working and Agile project experience.