Graduate Structural Engineer
💼 Graduate Job
⌛ 23d left
AI generated summary
- The ideal candidate for this Graduate Structural Engineer role at Ramboll should possess a degree in relevant engineering, a keen interest in building design and materials, proficiency in computer programming and data manipulation, the ability to communicate complex concepts effectively, an interest in digital automation and sustainable design, and strong collaboration skills.
- The candidate will be involved in the design and delivery of buildings, monitoring the implementation throughout the project lifecycle, with a focus on sustainability and collaboration with multiple engineering disciplines.
- We have designed a training program that will boost your personal, commercial and technical development to kick-start your career with Ramboll. You will also be paired with a mentor and have access to a clear framework to work towards your professional development.
- The Early Careers Challenge is one of the highlights of the graduate training. This is a fun and exciting event where you get to travel around the UK and work on a project that will provide you with an insight into the concept of design. You also get the opportunity to collaborate and network with amazing people and peers.
- A BEng, MEng or MSc level degree in a relevant engineering subject.
- Interest in the design of buildings and associated infrastructure, and an active curiosity around primary construction materials (steel, concrete, and timber) and emerging / innovative materials.
- Demonstrable aptitude to learn computer programming languages and complex data manipulation and processing.
- Ability to summarise and present complex engineering concepts via different channels.
- An interest in Digital Automation and Optimisation.
- Understanding of sustainable design.
- We don’t expect you to know everything, but that you show curiosity, take responsibility, and want to deliver high-quality work. Ramboll strives to deliver excellent cross-functional solutions in a professional and well-coordinated manner to our clients. Therefore, we believe you have good communication and collaboration skills.
Area of Responsibilities
- As a graduate engineer at Ramboll, you will be directly involved in some of the UK’s most innovative projects. You will be involved in the design and delivery of buildings, including the component parts of the structure, as well as monitor the implementation of the design throughout the entire project lifecycle, from initial concepts to visits on site. As ‘The Partner of Sustainable Change’ we put sustainability at the forefront of our projects. We encourage our employees to go above and beyond current sustainable practices to provide our projects with relevant sustainable change.
- You will become a part of the Buildings Department, which houses Structures, Civil, Mechanical & Electrical, Facades, Acoustics and many more. Your role will allow you to collaborate with all disciplines, providing growth and knowledge to increase engineering competence.
- CV Screening
- Screening telephone call
- Assessment Centre.
Oct 15, 2023
- Hybrid & Flexible Working
- 27 days holiday per year + 8 days bank holiday
- Professional subscription + support on becoming chartered
- Matched pension scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- A great list of flexible benefits you can choose from including discounted taste card subscription, cycle to work scheme, gym flex and many more!