Graduate Structural Engineer - Bristol
💼 Graduate Job
AI generated summary
- The candidate must have a relevant degree, humility, self-motivation, excellent communication skills, and must align with the company's values. Additionally, they should have knowledge or interest in sustainable urban drainage and digital engineering skills, along with relevant industry experience and software proficiency. A full UK driving license and membership with the ICE and/or IStructE are also required.
- The Graduate Structural Engineer in Bristol at Hydrock will be responsible for project work at all design stages, preparing reports and providing advice to clients, undertaking STEM engagement activities, managing their workload, liaising with team members, attending meetings and site inspections, and developing commercial awareness.
Looking to kickstart your career or wanting a career change?
- Here’s a fantastic opportunity to join our progressive, award-winning Civil and Structural Engineering team delivering sustainable projects for our communities, planet and society.
- We are looking for graduates with a passion for the built environment, and the desire to work in a highly collaborative multi-disciplinary team focused on sustainability, technical excellence and shaping construction in the UK and overseas.
- You will be developing your technical skills through taking on a variety of complex projects as well as being supported in the development of your softer skills through our early careers learning and development program: ‘The Learning Curve’.
- A relevant degree, BEng (Hons) or BSc (Hons) or equivalent/higher.
- Humility, self-motivation and enthusiasm.
- Excellent communication, presentation and written skills.
- To buy into Hydrock’s values and ethos
- We are also keen to know if you can offer any of these attributes:
- Sustainable urban drainage, biodiversity net gain, flood risk and nutrient neutrality knowledge, or an interest in these fields
- Digital engineering skills, including coding experience related to design automation or other digitisation improvements.
- Additional languages that you are fluent or able to apply professionally, as well as English
- Relevant under or post graduate industry experience
- Experience of relevant software tools e.g. AutoCAD, WinDES, PDS, Civil 3D, Infodrainage
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Student or Graduate Membership with the ICE and/or IStructE
Area of Responsibilities
- Project work at concept and scheme design, modelling, detailed design and specification and drawing
- Preparation of reports, providing advice and guidance to clients and project teams
- Undertaking STEM engagement activities
- Liaising with internal and external team members, developing relationships and people skills
- Managing your own workload to meet project deadlines
- Engaging with the wider C&S division, the Technical leadership Team and Carbon Task Force to exchange best practice and processes and support on-going initiatives
- Arranging and attending meetings, taking minutes and distributing actions
- Attending and contributing to project team meetings
- Attending site to undertake inspections and walkovers
- Developing commercial awareness by assisting with preparation of proposals/tenders for new work
- Inspiring and supportive colleagues
- Reward for progression and hard work
- An opportunity to develop your soft skills on “The Learning Curve” program
- Competitive starting salary
- Excellent health benefits
- 25 days of holiday (buy/sell up to five days)
- An earlier finish on Friday (4pm!)
- An opportunity to give back: “Day off for good cause” (on a workday)
- A huge range of flexible benefits
- Our biggest event of the year: Annual Challenge Day!