Graduate Sustainability Consultant
💼 Graduate Job
Applications are closed
Consulting, Sustainability•Bristol, London
- An excellent career opportunity for a Graduate or Early Career Professional to become part of our friendly and collaborative environment within the Sustainability team. Opportunities for growth and gaining new skills, working for high profile clients and working on exciting projects across various sectors, predominantly commercial, but also retail, residential, and industrial. This role will suit someone keen to establish themselves in a leading consultancy practice and support the growth of our team.
- Our Sustainability team is based in our London office and works with predominantly commercial clients, via a wide range of disciplines to offer best in class sustainability advice. You will be part of a supportive team providing specialist resources for current instructions in London, the Southeast and regional locations.
- Previous relevant experience in sustainable design and/or undergraduate or post-graduate degree in related field. Previous experience within sustainability consultancy would be beneficial but not obligatory.
- General understanding of the construction and design process.
- Ability to communicate, influence, and embed sustainability within a project team.
- Passion for sustainability and general interest in design themes, and UK policy frameworks and benchmarks.
- Experienced in two or more of the following areas would be beneficial:
- Sustainability assessments (BREEAM, HQM, LEED)
- Wellbeing (WELL, Fitwel)
- Circular economy & Embodied carbon (Life cycle assessments, Life cycle costing)
- Energy modelling (EPC, SAP)
- Operational carbon (DfP, NABERS)
- Supporting the sustainability coordination of projects, Net zero roadmaps, decarbonisation strategies
Area of Responsibilities
- You will work directly with the Associate & Associate Director in the Sustainability team but you will be part of the wider Sustainability and M&E team and work closely with colleagues in Project Management and other TFT Service Lines.
- You will be working with clients such as The Crown Estate, Derwent London, Grosvenor Britain and Ireland and British Land delivering on a mix of project work and strategic development frameworks ranging across speculative CAT A fit-out, new build offices, refurb fit-out for commercial buildings and residential developments.
- To work with project teams (internal and external) to develop resource efficient/low carbon buildings with circular economy principles.
- Undertake sustainability appraisals of development projects and produce accompanying reports to be submitted for planning.
- Support the sustainability coordination of projects driving innovation and monitoring the integration of a broad range of sustainability aspects into design, construction and operation; including designing for performance, climate resilience, healthy/sustainable materials and circularity, whole life carbon and social value.
- Assist with BREEAM certification projects (or other certification as appropriate), including the pragmatic, cost effective development of design strategies with the project team, validation of evidence submitted, updating tracking record documents, monitoring design development, writing meeting minutes
- Assist with delivery of project specific Net Zero Carbon Roadmaps, decarbonisation strategies.
- Develop a broad understanding of sustainability and climate change issues as they relate to the built environment including application of BREEAM, WELL, DfP, LEED, CREEM and other benchmarking systems.
- Undertake Whole Life Carbon and Life Cycle Costing modelling to recommend Embodied Carbon solutions for new and existing buildings (if interested, experienced).
- Excellent career opportunities (promotion is performance based and not time bound)
- Competitive salary plus benefits: discretionary bonus scheme, mobile phone & laptop to support flexible working, Private Health Care (after 6 months), Personal Accident cover, Life Assurance, 25 days holiday and 1 day charity leave per year.
- Cycle scheme and interest free season ticket loan and company contributory pension scheme on completion of probationary period.