Graduate Test Engineer
💼 Graduate Job
Applications are closed
- We are looking for candidates who are interested in a career in technology to join us as Graduate Test Engineers / SDETs in our Quality Engineering practice.
- We will provide you with all of the support and training required to develop your skills as a test engineer and give you the confidence to deliver technical projects for our clients.
- When completed, you will be a well rounded engineer and you will be able to join one of our projects to help us deliver the latest generation of digital online services for one of our public or private sector clients. We have a number of exciting projects for clients in the government and private sector to be involved in.
- Strong degree in any discipline
- Enthusiastic, motivated, committed and capable individuals
- Genuine interest in a career in software development and technology
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Intellectual curiosity and a need for wanting to learn naturally.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken word with an ability to successfully engage with team members and clients.
- Some experience in software development, using Python or Java (or related technologies) would be beneficial
- Understanding of Agile methodology is not essential but desirable.
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle is not essential but desirable.
- Some familiarity with test tools is not essential but desirable.
Area of Responsibilities
- Quality Engineering covers all levels of testing, including UI, API and databases, to ensure digital services work on all the major operating systems, internet browsers and devices.
- This role offers you the opportunity to work in high-performing teams in a range of projects, from large transformation programmes to bespoke solution development, with different clients and technology solutions.
- Our Test Engineers focus on devising and implementing test strategies to check performance, so that they deliver digital solutions that work as expected or exceed clients' expectations.
- We recognise that graduates may not yet know where they want to specialise, so to help you decide your ideal pathway and give you a breadth of experience, you will have the opportunity to try different roles on different projects before honing in on your chosen specialisms.
- As your career progresses, you can expect to work across all areas of the development lifecycle, from strategy to development to implementation, and to take on assignments in different sectors. This will provide you with a broad base of experience from which to build an outstanding career.
- Candidates should be open to working in different locations for different clients. Although most of our work is in London, candidates should be happy to travel as client needs dictate.
- After training, you’ll be working as a test engineer on client projects, typically moving onto other client work after 6-12 months
- Responsible for defining and executing testing strategies, and test plans and test automation frameworks
- Working as part of Agile teams, collaborating on requirements, development and testing
- Responsible for testing features through automated and some manual testing
- Being part of a larger team - working with and learning from senior QA engineers.
- Helping with internal applications or other work when possible.
- Working closely with clients to understand their needs and working within the team whilst on client site.
- Helping us to grow our QA practice.
- Typically, you will work on a particular project for 6-12 months before moving onto a new challenge.
- You will be part of a larger team, working with and learning from experienced consultants. As a consultant, you will work closely with our clients, helping to ensure that the project delivers great outcomes.
- Competitive salary, dependent on experience
- 25 Days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
- Flexibility to work from home
- 10 days allocated development training per year
- Generous discretionary bonus
- Statutory & Contributory pension
- Free gym membership
- Private healthcare cover
- Annual Away days
- Monthly company socials