Graduate Test/QA Engineer - Birmingham - Summer/ Autumn 2024 Start
💼 Graduate Job
AI generated summary
- The candidate must have or be studying towards a Level 6 bachelor's degree in a relevant subject, possess good technical ability, understand different delivery methodologies, demonstrate problem-solving and analytical skills, and have the ability to work effectively in teams. Knowledge or experience in test automation, functional testing, defect reporting, and using tools such as Selenium and Git/SVN is desirable.
- The candidate will work in an agile team, developing and executing functional tests to deliver software that meets user needs, learning new technologies and approaches, and gaining skills to become future leaders.
- At Kainos, we recognise many of the greatest ideas and innovations come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences, and we are committed to cultivating an inclusive working environment that drives changes in Technology. Therefore, we particularly welcome applications from groups who are typically under-represented in this sector including women, non-binary and transgender people.
- Currently studying towards, or already obtained, at least a Level 6 bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject
- Good technical ability and can assist with test automation tasks and has a desire to develop their test automation skills further.
- Understanding of different delivery methodologies (e.g., agile, waterfall, v-model) and how testing fits within them.
- Basic understanding of functional testing types.
- Understanding of how to define and execute test scenarios.
- Understanding of identifying and reporting defects.
- Experience defining and creating test data.
- Knowledge of how to report testing progress.
- Good problem solving and analytical skills.
- We all work in teams here in Kainos – a proven ability of strong team skills, including taking direction from others, is crucial.
- Ability to carry out responsibilities in accordance with company policies, procedures and processes.
- Ability to deliver tasks within a given timeframe.
- Knowledge of Test Automation open source technologies (e.g. Selenium, Protractor).
- ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation Level
- Technical awareness and a sound understanding of software architectures.
- Experience with version control systems such as Git/SVN.
- Experience working in Continuous Integration environment and configuring tools for testing such as Jenkins and/or TeamCity.
- Experience testing within Agile delivery environments.
- Experience working closely with developers.
- Experience in a manual or automated testing role or similar, either from commercial experience or from previous studies.
Area of Responsibilities
- As a Graduate Test/QA Engineer in Kainos, after taking part in our award-winning, seven-week Engineering Academy you’ll work within a multi-skilled agile team, developing and executing functional automated and manual tests to help the team deliver working application software that meets user needs. You’ll do this whilst learning about new technologies and approaches, with talented colleagues who will help you learn, develop and grow.
- Upon completion of the 12-month Early Careers Programme, you will have gained knowledge and skills to help transform the organization and set you on the path to becoming the next generation of leaders at Kainos. Fun fact - 11 of our 17 leadership team members have graduated from our Early Careers Programme!