Medical Graduate Programme - London
💼 Graduate Job
⌛ 8d left
AI generated summary
- The ideal candidate for the Medical Graduate Programme in London at AstraZeneca will have a minimum 2.1 degree in a scientific field, strong communication skills, ability to work independently but also collaborate with colleagues, proficiency in Microsoft Office, eagerness to learn about the pharmaceutical industry, and preferably be a registered pharmacist or member of a professional body with previous experience in healthcare, research, or the pharmaceutical industry.
- The candidate will be responsible for gaining in-depth knowledge of the assigned therapy area and regulatory frameworks, contributing to innovative projects, supporting medical plans, aiding in the delivery of the Medical Affairs strategy, and applying clinical and scientific expertise for evidence generation.
- Are you interested in shaping the future of healthcare? Do you want to make a personal impact to help bring life-changing medicines to patients around the world?
- This is a 2-year programme during which you'll have the opportunity to rotate into different AstraZeneca UK medical functions. Each placement is designed to give you extraordinary insight into our business
- As a member of the Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry (ABPI), all of our activities are subject to the ABPI Code of Practice and MHRA Blue Guide.Our programme will provide you with the breadth of experience within the business of a pharmaceutical organisation to set you up for success in your career.
- A degree (minimum 2.1) in a scientific (e.g.medical science) area either at an undergraduate (e.g.BSc, MBBS) or postgraduate (Masters) level
- Strong verbal and written communication skills effectively communicate material through presentations and reports
- The ability to work independently but also establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers
- Basic skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Eager to learn more about the pharmaceutical environment in the UK
- Desirable Requirements:
- Registered Pharmacist (member of General Pharmaceutical Council of GB)
- Member of a Royal College, Royal Pharmaceutical Society, or other professional body
- Previous experience working in a compliance, safety, quality, regulatory, health economics, clinical, researchenvironment or medical information within the NHS, pharmaceutical industry, or academic institutes
2:1 or higher
Area of Responsibilities
- Grow an in-depth understanding of the assigned therapy area and the self-regulatory framework adhered to within the UK (ABPI Code of Practiceand MHRA Blue Guide)
- Be an integral member of the therapy area medical affairs team in helping drive innovative, value-adding projects within a governance framework
- Develop understanding of medical plans in pre-, peri- and post-launch
- Support in the delivery of the Medical Affairs strategy within the assigned therapy area
- Apply clinical and scientific expertise to promote the Medical Affairs strategy through medical insights, lifecycle management, clinical trial support,governance, and evidence generation
Oct 11, 2023