Programme Officer, International Entrepreneurship - London
Royal Academy of Engineering
💼 Graduate Job
⌛ 1d left
AI generated summary
- The candidate must be highly organized with excellent time management and communication skills, a team player, able to work under pressure and take initiative. They should have an interest or experience in African entrepreneurship and be willing to travel.
- The Programme Officer will support the delivery of the Africa Prize for Engineering Innovation, focusing on programme and event organization, logistics, communications, and stakeholder engagement.
- We are seeking an enthusiastic individual who has an interest in international development and entrepreneurship.
- You are highly organised with excellent time management skills, and you are an effective communicator. You are a team player with interpersonal skills and can effectively perform under pressure and take initiative. You have an interest or experience in the African entrepreneurship landscape and are willing and able to travel as part of your role.
Area of Responsibilities
Sales & Business Development
- As a Programme Officer, you will support the delivery of the Academy’s Africa Prize for Engineering Innovation in its 10th anniversary year, under the guidance of the Programme Manager, International Entrepreneurship, Senior Manager, International Development, the respective Steering Committees and Judging Panels.
- This is a varied role focusing primarily on programme and event organisation, logistics, communications and stakeholder engagement.
- The Africa Prize for Engineering Innovation is Africa’s biggest prize dedicated to engineering innovation. It awards crucial commercialisation support to ambitious African innovators developing scalable engineering solutions to local challenges, demonstrating the importance of engineering as an enabler of improved quality of life and economic development.
- If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
- As part of your application, you will be asked to upload a CV and a supporting statement explaining your interest in this role and how you fit the experience, knowledge, and skills profile.
- Interviews will be held in-person at our offices/virtually w/c 9th October 2023
Sep 30, 2023
The Academy offers a fantastic package of additional benefits including:
- BUPA cash plan
- Private medical insurance
- Independent Financial Advice
- Non-contributory pension scheme with 10% employer contribution
- Health and wellbeing programmes
- Generous holiday allowance
- Wellbeing days and office wide Christmas leave
- Significant investment into your personal and professional development
- Regular social activities
- Subsidised restaurant