Reception & Office Administrator - London
💼 Graduate Job
🤑 £23.5K - £26K
AI generated summary
- The ideal candidate for this Reception & Office Administrator role in London should be proactive, ambitious, and enthusiastic, with strong organisational skills, exceptional attention to detail, excellent communication skills, and a passion for providing excellent customer service. They should also be able to work independently with a high degree of autonomy and have experience using Microsoft Office.
- The candidate will be responsible for creating a welcoming and professional environment at the London office, managing supplies and facilities, ensuring health and safety compliance, booking visitors and managing desk bookings, assisting with event organization, answering calls, and providing support to the Operations and IT teams.
- We are looking for an enthusiastic and proactive Reception & Office Administrator to join our growing team in London. Working closely with other members of the UK Facilities team, you will support with the day-to-day running of the office and uphold our exceptional standards of customer service. You will also enjoy the opportunity to support colleagues in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
- We are looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious candidate who is proactive, eager to take on new challenges, and who will thrive on providing an excellent service to our colleagues. You will be looking to build your career in office facilities and enjoy taking a high level of ownership, enabling the office to run smoothly, which in turn will make a positive difference to the working lives of our colleagues in the London office.
- Essential requirements for the role are:
- Strong organisational skills, including the ability to plan and prioritise your own time and communicate this to others
- Excellent levels of productivity, and the flexibility to respond to changing deadlines
- The ability to work confidently on your own and with a high degree of autonomy
- Exceptional attention to detail and high professional standards
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A passion for, and dedication to, providing excellent customer service in a facilities role
- A friendly and approachable demeanour
- Experience using Microsoft Office
Area of Responsibilities
People, HR & Administration
- Greeting visitors to the office with a high level of friendliness and professionalism
- Ensuring that we maintain a safe, tidy and professional environment, including managing the kitchen to a high standard
- Building relationships with service providers and suppliers, as well as liaising with the building’s management team
- Purchasing general supplies e.g., kitchen consumables, stationery and IT equipment, on behalf of the Facilities and IT teams
- Booking visitors onto the appropriate security system(s) for all our UK offices
- Maintaining the company’s asset management system and associated processes
- Day-to-day management of health and safety in the London office, for which training will be provided
- Day-to-day management of the company’s desk booking software system (London office only)
- Assisting with the organisation of internal and external events, such as client meetings and office socials
- Answering the telephone switchboard and taking messages
- Providing ad-hoc support to the Senior Operations Coordinator and the wider Operations team, where required
- Collaborating with our IT team and supporting with simple IT queries and tasks within the office, where required
- Our recruitment process includes a telephone interview with a member of the Talent Acquisition team, followed by an assessment for you to complete in your own time. If successful, you will be invited to an interview with senior members of our Operations team. Our standard recruitment process lasts around 2 to 4 weeks, however this can be adapted if necessary.
- We are currently recruiting for start dates throughout 2023, including October and November, and you will be asked to state your availability on your application form. Whilst there are no set application deadlines, we would strongly recommend applying as early as possible so that we can begin processing your application, as the role will close when a suitable candidate is found.
23500 - 26000 GBP
- All the best bits of Facilities in a truly varied role. We work closely with service providers and suppliers across all our office locations, which allows our Reception & Office Administrators to focus their time on contributing to exciting new projects and improvements that optimise the Facilities functions and enhance the productivity and wellbeing of our entire workforce. These projects include but are not limited to; our exciting London office move due to take place in 2025, our net carbon zero project, and the management and improvement of Costello Medical’s corporate social responsibility, as recognised by B Corporation.
- Have your say and shape your own career. Given the rapid and organic growth the company has seen over the last few years, our Facilities team is relatively small. Your voice matters; you will have a significant influence in team decisions, and will be able to choose specific areas you’d like to specialise in. Whether you are most passionate about the day-to-day running of the office, or driving important projects forward within the team, you will be encouraged to take your career in a direction that challenges you to meet your own goals.
- Contribute towards something bigger than Facilities. Our customers are some of the industry’s most successful pharmaceutical and medical technology companies, patient and public health bodies, and charitable organisations. As a company, we are committed to improving healthcare globally, and by ensuring the smooth and efficient running of our office spaces, you are directly contributing towards this commitment. You will also be supporting a company that believes in corporate and social responsibility, and will be able to give back to the local community through funded volunteering and pro bono days.
- A workforce that respects and values you. Based on our commitment to quality and providing an excellent service, it is very easy to build positive, trusting, and respectful relationships with those you support, both directly and indirectly. The difference you make to the office environment will be recognised and cherished by those around you, allowing you to feel like a valued and integral part of the company.
- We are invested in our culture. We are committed to our company values which promote a fun, friendly, and innovative workplace in which we strive to deliver the highest standards of quality. As a result, we have been listed in The Top 100 Companies to Work For list for over six consecutive years, and achieved B Corporation certification in 2022. These values are embraced within the entire company, including the Facilities team.