Science Graduate Pest Control Technician - Travelling Role - Leeds
💼 Graduate Job
AI generated summary
- The candidate must have a minimum 2.2 degree in a science-related subject, a full UK driving license, flexibility with working patterns, and comfort with traveling and staying away from home.
- The Science Graduate Pest Control Technician will travel to various branches across the UK to solve customer pest control problems, managing their own time, and have the opportunity to progress into roles such as Sales Surveyor, Field Biologist, Service Team Leader, or Key Accounts Manager.
- As a global leader in pest control Rentokil provides expert, reliable and professional advice to customers spanning both commercial and residential. Colleagues who have been successful in this role have included science graduates with degrees in disciplines such as life sciences, biology, zoology or animal science.
- A minimum 2.2 degree in a science/BSc related subject
- A full UK driving licence
- A desire to work hard but to also have fun, as you meet and interact with customers daily
- Flexibility with working patterns to support the business need
- Comfortable with travelling and staying away from home Sunday evening through to Friday.
2:2 or higher
Area of Responsibilities
- This is a field-based role which would suit an enthusiastic individual who likes to manage their own time and spend the day solving bespoke customer problems face to face.
- You will join our specialist hit squad supporting key branches across the UK working on service improvement. You will be working within different branches across the UK, therefore, the commitment to working and staying away from home during your working week is required.
- In your first 6-12 months, you will cover various areas as a Pest Control Technician, supporting customers with their pest control issues, whilst obtaining full industry-recognised training. During the next 12 - 36 months, you will have an exciting opportunity to choose your own career path down one of the following routes:
- Sales Surveyor
- Field Biologist
- Service Team Leader
- Key Accounts Manager
- Company vehicle and fuel card
- Monthly bonus scheme
- Life insurance
- Enrolment to our company contributory pension scheme
- Salary grading system - linked to performance for those colleagues who are keen to develop their career within our business
- Uncapped overtime - opportunities are regularly available to meet the needs of our customers in a growing market
- Uncapped leads commission - although this isn’t a sales job, we reward you for passing on sales leads to your local sales consultant
- RI Rewards - provides access to cashback and discounts from 3,000+ retailers
- Refer a Friend - to work for Rentokil Initial (and earn up to £1000)
- Long service recognition - which includes an extra five days of annual leave entitlement following the completion of five years of service
- Our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) - which is FREE to access and available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to you as well as your family and friends.