Software Development Engineer Graduate
💼 Graduate Job
AI generated summary
- The Software Development Engineer Graduate at Amadeus will be responsible for analyzing customer needs, designing and developing software solutions, running tests to ensure reliability, and presenting solutions to stakeholders. They will also assist in the implementation of new solutions for the travel industry and propose innovative IT solutions within their technical field.
- Putting travelers at the heart of everything we do, being a Software Development Engineer Graduate at Amadeus allows you to actively contribute to enhancing the travel experience for millions of passengers worldwide. From personalized booking experiences to real-time travel information, your work will make a meaningful difference in making travel more enjoyable and stress-free, and even more environmentally friendly.
- Collaborating with experienced architects, developers, and designers, you’ll have the chance to push the boundaries of what's possible in travel technology. Together, we aim to deliver cutting-edge products and services that enhance the efficiency and quality of travel experiences.
- Whatever the team you join, you’ll be part of a welcoming, collaborative group. We don’t expect you to know everything; you’ll be supported by a buddy who’ll help you to settle in and get to know the teams, both in the UK and across the globe.
- Throughout your career with us, you’ll have the opportunity to learn from some of the best minds in the travel tech industry. You’ll learn new technologies as well as use the latest tools and implement your ideas to produce solutions that directly impact our business operations.
- You’ll have completed or soon to complete a University degree in Computer Science or related technical field or a degree from one of the other STEM topics (or have equivalent experience)
- You’re fluent in English
- You’ll have basic knowledge of software development
- You’ve studied or experimented with one of the following languages C, C++ and/or Java, J2EE , Python
- You’ve heard of or worked with RDBMS/SQL (Oracle preferred), NoSQL (MongoDB, Hadoop database), Standard Template Library and Unix/Linux
- You’ll have the willingness to learn, share your ideas, and improve yourself every day
Area of Responsibilities
- Here are a few examples of the advanced functional and technology challenges that you could be tackling as part of our R&D team at Heathrow:
- Standalone projects for some of the world’s best-known airlines
- Supporting airport digitalization
- Moving to the Cloud
- As a Software Development Engineer Graduate, you’ll contribute to:
- Analyzing customer needs to create new software(s) or to improve existing one(s)
- Run feasibility studies and design software technology(ies)
- Develop software(s) by following Amadeus standards and quality guidelines
- Present your solutions to various stakeholders, including Product Managers & users to get feedback
- Run unit and performance tests to ensure reliability
- Fine-tune our software(s) as a result of all tests
- You’ll also:
- Assist with the design, development and implementation of brand-new solutions for our customers across the travel industry. Solutions that will make travel easier and accessible for billions of people.
- Develop skills in fundamental technical theories, procedures and practices and the ability to apply them in their immediate technical skill area.
- Produce code, investigate problems, support or test within timescales and standards defined by the Unit or Project Leader.
- Participate in user requirements and specifications for clients, proposing innovative solutions.
- Start building an understanding of the system architecture to put work into context and build the big picture of the system, within the horizons of Amadeus.
- Be able to solve or propose fundamental and complex IT solutions within your immediate technical field.
- Hybrid working (best of both worlds)
- 28 days holiday + Bank holidays
- Electric car leasing
- Gym membership
- Share Scheme
- An extensive Wellbeing programme including free massages!
- State-of-the-art tech learning platforms
- Sports & Social Clubs
- Option to join our employee networks e.g. Women Network, Amadeus Proud
- Discount schemes