• Starts Sep 8
Technology Analyst Graduate Scheme
Transport for London
💼 Graduate Job
🤑 £28.5K - £30.5K
AI generated summary
- The candidate must have a minimum of a 2:2 degree in any subject to qualify for the Technology Analyst Graduate Scheme at Transport for London.
- The candidate will participate in a two-year development program, rotating through various placement roles including business analysis, technology strategy and planning, and specializing in two technology domains of their choice. They will be involved in understanding business motivations, managing solution requirements, conducting options analysis, and potentially working in areas such as cyber security, data analytics, and technology development.
Applications are closed
- Transport for London and its predecessor organisations have been keeping our capital moving for over 160 years. Throughout our history, the application of innovative technologies has played a central role in keeping our network safe, secure, and reliable whilst meeting ever increasing demand. Our Technology & Data team deliver the critical Information Technology services to our colleagues and customers, enabling over 1.65 billion journeys to be made each year within our capital. We play a pivotal role in keeping London moving and working, safely and sustainably. Whether it is delivering 5G connectivity on the Tube, providing customers with real-time journey planning information at their fingertips via our TfL Go app, or providing critical radio communications to over 9,000 buses.
- As a Technology Analyst, you’ll have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience working on variety of innovative technology initiatives across our delivery lifecycle. This could include exposure to business analysis techniques, practical product management, strategic management, architecture, solution build and testing. You may also gain exposure to more specialist activities such as user experience design and systems integration. Our scheme is tailored to your needs and strengths combining the comprehensive experiences with specialist targeted development based on your aspirations.
- A minimum of 2:2 degree in any subject.
2:2 or higher
Area of Responsibilities
- As a graduate, your two-year development programme will be made up of up to four placement rotations. Our aim is to equip you with the range of skills and experience you need for your successful career.
- We also understand that everyone’s career is different, so every graduate’s journey is unique. Here is an idea of what yours could look like:
- Placement 1 – Business Analysis Team (six months):
- Understanding business motivations, eliciting, and managing solution requirements, modelling business processes, conducting options analysis, and carrying out acceptance testing with users.
- Placement 2 – Technology Strategy & Planning Team (six months):
- Translating business strategy into technology strategy, identifying portfolio outcomes, managing risk, managing portfolio change, business planning and business case assurance.
- Year 2:
- The second year of the scheme provides you with the opportunity to tailor your experience and specialise in two technology domains of your preference. In previous years we have had Technology Analyst Graduates secure placements within Cyber Security, Data & Analytics, Data Science, Technology Service Operations and Technology Development teams. Whatever your aspirations, we will work with you to match your passions and enthusiasm with opportunities within the Tech & Data department. The Technology Analyst scheme will help you develop a broad foundation of skills from which you can specialise in preparation for applying for roles post the scheme.
Sep 8, 2024
28500 - 30500 GBP