• Starts Sep 8
💼 Graduate Job
AI generated summary
- Baseline coding skills in any language are needed, along with flexibility and a quick aptitude for learning various tools and technologies. Prior experience in a professional tech environment is not required, but enthusiasm and a willingness to learn are essential.
- The Technology Graduate at Capital One will have the opportunity to rotate into different tech teams, working on code, software development, and building shared capabilities. They will also have personal development support and can participate in social events and CSR initiatives.
- We want to help you grow. That’s why we invest heavily in your learning and development. We’ve got a great track record of hiring graduates and enabling them to reach their full potential. Just look at our CEO, Lucy Hagues. She started as a graduate and now leads the UK business. And that’s just one of many success stories.
Technology at Capital One
- Our Tech team challenge the status quo and make an impact on millions of customers every single day. And that's what makes a career in technology here like nowhere else. During the two year Graduate programme you will be able to rotate into three different teams, which will give you a broad and varied experience, allowing you to hone in your skills and strengths before choosing which area you’d like to explore more.
- Baseline coding skills (in any language) are important, but you don't need a background in Computer Science. We've hired graduates from Psychology, Maths and many other disciplines. Because you'll be working across multiple channels, we’ll want to see the flexibility and aptitude for learning it takes to master lots of different tools and technologies.
- As much as we will be looking at your current coding skills, we also want to see your potential and strengths. We understand this may be your first role, or that you might not have experience within a professional tech environment. And that’s okay, we don’t expect you to be an accomplished developer – just enthusiastic and a quick learner.
Area of Responsibilities
- As part of our Technology Programme, you will have the opportunity to ensure our code and products are to the highest standard, by rotating into a Quality Engineering role, spend time as a Software Engineer developing our features for customers and being involved in the full software development lifecycle, or be a part in building and developing our class-leading shared capabilities and pipelines, as a Cloud Engineer.
- Your rotations will be within our core tech teams. You could be working on customer experience and journeys across our apps and website, creating backend APIs alongside our Services teams. You could be working with the Data teams that ensure all the information we store is safe and secure, but ready to be accessed at a moment's notice. Or with the Cloud Productivity Engineering teams as we finish our migration to AWS. You may also have the option to rotate outside of tech after your first rotation, into another business area if there are any other areas you would like to explore.
- Being a graduate at Capital One isn’t just about your technical skills. There's huge scope for personal development as well. Whether you see yourself as a future leader, a subject matter expert or something in between, you'll have a manager, mentor and buddy to support you, as you carve a career path that's perfect for you.
- It’s not just about the work you put in but also your experience while doing it. You can get involved in social events run by our dedicated GradComms team or give back to the community through any of our corporate social responsibility initiatives. You can even help to shape how our early careers programmes look for future graduates by joining one of our working groups or becoming a mentor yourself.
- Step 1: After your initial application, if you meet the hiring criteria you will be sent out online testing to complete, which consists of a coding assessment and a situational strengths assessment.
- Step 2: Next up, you will be invited to complete a one way video interview.
- Step 3: You’ll get to (virtually) meet with two members of our tech team during the assessment day, which consists of a pair programming exercise and a presentation and strengths based interview.
- Step 4: The final interview, you will be invited to (virtually) meet with one of our Senior Software Managers, and if successful we’ll offer you a place on the programme!
Sep 8, 2024
Nov 12, 2023
- The chance to contribute to the future roadmap of our organisation
- Exciting (and diverse) opportunities for career development
- Outstanding learning and development through our Capital One University training programmes (and appropriate external providers)
- Core benefits including a pension scheme, bonus, generous holidays and private medical insurance
- Flexible benefits including season-ticket loans, cycle to work scheme and enhanced parental leave
- Open-plan workspaces and accessible facilities designed to support and inspire you, including a fully serviced gym, subsidised restaurant, mindfulness and games rooms