Transmission & Distribution Engineering Graduate - 2024 - Edinburgh & Glasgow
💼 Graduate Job
AI generated summary
- The candidate must have a BSc/BEng in Electrical/Power Engineering, with a 2:1 classification or above, experience with AutoCAD, strong communication and numerical skills, ability to work independently and in a team, excellent research and report writing skills, and a full driving license with willingness to travel occasionally.
- The candidate will work on live projects and proposals, gaining guidance and mentoring while performing tasks such as conceptual design, power system analysis, substation design, cable system design, and value engineering.
- Our Graduate Development Programme (ADVANCE) along with our huge scope of projects across the globe will challenge and inspire you to make a real difference to the world we live in. Our GDP forms a core part of our business strategy globally, designed to develop the best talent across numerous disciplines to lead our business into the future. We have more than 750 graduates on our programmes across the UK and Ireland from more than 40 different disciplines, each making a tangible difference to the environment in which we live and work.
- We shall provide you with all the tools and support you need to achieve your professional development ambitions, including Chartership with the relevant international professional institution (we have graduates working towards more than 30 professional institutions in the UK and Ireland). We shall push you to achieve the highest standards and expect our graduates to pass their professional review first time. You will be assigned a mentor to support and guide your development, and you will take regular training modules throughout the programme. There will be on-the-job technical development and classroom training where required, and the opportunity to work on live client projects with significant multi-disciplinary exposure.
- BSc/BEng in Electrical/Power Engineering, with a 2:1 classification (or equivalent) or above
- MSc/MEng in Electrical/Power Engineering would be an advantage
- Must have completed HV & Power related course work or module options
- Experience with AutoCAD and AutoCAD 3D is essential
- Ability to structure & prioritise work effectively through close cooperation with the team as a whole
- Ability to work in a team and independently without losing initiative & focus
- Good numerical skills
- Ability to communicate effectively to internal and external clients, both verbally & in writing with the confidence to engage with a variety of people (clients, colleagues, stakeholders and sub-contractors alike) and the aptitude to rationally explain, explore and discuss technical issues and capture feedback
- Good Microsoft Office skills essential such as Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Excellent research and report writing skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team and independently without losing initiative & focus.
- Enthusiastic, hard-working, with ambition and drive
- Full driving license and willingness to travel on occasion is desirable (some site travel with equipment may be required)
2:1 or higher
Area of Responsibilities
- When a graduate starts with AECOM, we pair them with a senior member of the team who will guide and mentor them through their initial period working on live projects and business development proposals. Their initial role be involved in a selection of activities potentially including:
- Conceptual Design
- Power Network Design, Power System Analysis & Studies
- Load & Demand Forecasting, System Stability Analysis
- Substation Site Selection
- Substation Design
- Ground Resistivity Measurement & Earthing System Design using CDE3D Substation & Switchyard Layout Visualization
- Lightning Protection System Design
- Overhead & Underground Cable System Design
- Interconnector Studies & Design
- Transformer & Switchgear Selection & Installation
- Options Selection & Evaluation
- Value Engineering
- HV Cable studies using CYMCAP