The LSESU ASEAN Society brings together LSE students from all across the ASEAN member states - come to make friends, discuss current issues, and have fun! We celebrate the very best things about ASEAN, aiming to enrich how you engage with and debate the issues surrounding the region. Due to our numerous successful projects, the LSE Student Union awarded us the Best New Society in 2016! We have also attained both the Bronze and Silver STAR Awards.
The society was founded on a set of aims:
- Bring together people from the ASEAN community; as well as others interested in ASEAN-related issues, to promote better engagement and foster a greater sense of affinity to the region
- Promote the culture within ASEAN and ASEAN member states among members and the public
- Conduct events, activities, projects and programs related to the promotion of ASEAN and the ASEAN member states
- Foster an academic learning environment focused on research and intellectual debate of issues related to the people, politics, trade, economics, environment, culture, and other aspects concerning ASEAN and the ASEAN member states
- Facilitate the exchange of ideas to stimulate intellectual curiosity and debate on ASEAN, the ASEAN member states and its concerns.
Events and Activities: Academic events discussing issues in ASEAN countries and South East Asia such as speaker events and webinars. Cultural events and fun socials such as ASEAN quiz nights, cultural events (mostly food related ;), museum trips and more! We are also active on our social media platforms!