12 Month Internship - XVA Trading Analyst
Crédit Agricole CIB
🚀 Off-cycle Internship
AI generated summary
- The candidate for the 12 Month XVA Trading Analyst internship at Crédit Agricole CIB must have a Bachelor's degree and strong quantitative and IT skills. They should possess good knowledge of front office workings, be team-oriented, have excellent communication skills, and the ability to think quickly and prioritize in busy situations.
- The XVA Trading Analyst will assist with derivatives adjustments, develop the CVA platform, improve pricing capabilities, assist senior traders, manage and report on daily pnl and risk, ensure adherence to risk and pricing guidelines, communicate with support functions and attend meetings to review market strategy and exchange ideas.
- Responsible for assisting with the management of counterparty risk and capital usage for the CVA Trading Desk. This mainly encompasses analysis and reporting of the various adjustments for the GMD derivatives business and the build-up of the infrastructure, identification of the main risks across the global portfolio as well as the improvement of current pricing methodologies
- Part of a Global team, this is a Front office role suitable for a motivated individual to be part of a growing mandate on XVA & Scarce Resource management, and with a focus on developing new technologies to assist with the management of the Derivatives activity.
- Minimum level of study:
- Bachelor Degree / BSc Degree or equivalent
- Training / Specialization:
- Good knowledge of front office working and eager to learn
- Soft skills:
- Strong initiative
- Team oriented
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to think quickly, make decisions using good judgement and prioritise in busy situations
- Ability to work efficiently with a great number of different teams within the bank
- IT tools:
- Strong quantitative background and IT skills
Area of Responsibilities
Banking & Finance
- Assist GMD Business Lines with derivatives adjustments (XVA) reviews:
- Ensure promptness and accuracy when analysing derivatives adjustment
- Ensure consistency across products and business centres
- Assist with the further development of the CVA Platform:
- Review methodologies for counterparty credit risk and funding costs calculation to be applied to new transactions together with Sales and Trading teams and in accordance with the bank’s hedging strategy.
- Improve monitoring and reporting tools to extensively assess risks across CA CIB exposures
- Interact with IT and Quantitative Research teams to design/improve systems architecture and modelling framework
- Help Improve pricing capabilities for both the CVA team and other desks, including Sales, Trading and Structuring
- Assistance to senior traders:
- Ensure P&L is explained, Risks are accurate
- Help where needed in the booking / Back-Office / Middle-Office processes
- Assist CVA traders in their various duties.
- Management and Reporting:
- Report Daily pnl, risk and key market movements to management by email
- Report to the Head of the CVA Trading Desk
- Ensure adherence with regard to position and risk limits, market and counterparty risk, pricing guidelines
- Sign the mandate in the MRL tool according to the procedure currently in place with the Bank
- Work closely with support functions to ensure accurate and efficient processing of trades
- Work closely to IT and Quantitative Research departments
- At any time, communicate to the management and concerned functions in case of problems.
- Attend regular meetings or conference calls with the other members of CVA Trading GMD group as requested and as appropriate to review market strategy and exchange ideas and any other pertinent information.
- Contribute to discussions with the other members of CVA Trading GMD teams as requested and as appropriate to review market strategy and exchange ideas and any other pertinent information.