2023 Applied Science Internship - Machine Learning, Deep Learning, NLP, NLU, Machine Translation
🚀 Off-cycle Internship
AI generated summary
- Enrollment in a PhD or Master's program in Computer Science or related field, experience in programming languages such as Python or Java, familiarity with design of experiments and statistical analysis, ability to solve business problems using machine learning and statistical algorithms, technical fluency and excellent critical thinking and communication skills.
- The candidate will work closely with teams on customer-focused research, designing algorithms and models while experiencing Amazon's culture.
Applications are closed
- Are you a MS or PhD student interested in a 2023 Internship in the field of Applied Sciences? Do you enjoy diving deep into hard technical problems and coming up with solutions that enable successful products that improve the lives of people in a meaningful way?
- We’re on the lookout for the curious, those who think big and want to define the world of tomorrow. At Amazon, you will grow into the high impact, visionary person you know you’re ready to be. Every day will be filled with exciting new challenges, developing new skills, and achieving personal growth. How often can you say that your work changes the world? At Amazon, you’ll say it often. Join us and define tomorrow.
- If you’re insatiably curious and always want to learn more, then you’ve come to the right place. Depending on your location, country, job status and other requirements, some or all of the following benefits may be available to you as an intern.
- If this describes you, come join our research teams at Amazon. We are looking for motivated students with research interests in a variety of domain expertise in applied sciences to build state-of-the-art solutions for never before solved problems.
- If you’re successful during your internship, you could be considered for a graduate role after finishing your university studies
- Internship start dates vary throughout the year. Internship length can vary between 3 - 6 months for Full Time and 6 - 12 months for Part Time.
- BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Enrolled in a PhD or Master's degree in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Engineering, Operations Research, Statistics or related fields
- Experience in any programming language such as Python, Java, C++, or similar scripting and programming languages
- PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Publications at top-tier peer-reviewed conferences or journals.
- Experience in design of experiments and statistical analysis
- Experience implementing algorithms using toolkits and self-developed code
- Experience in solving business problems through machine learning, data mining and statistical algorithms
- Familiar with the core undergraduate curriculum of computer science.
- Technical fluency; comfort understanding and discussing architectural concepts and algorithms, schedule tradeoffs and new opportunities with technical team members.
- Excellent critical thinking skills, combined with the ability to present your beliefs clearly and compellingly in both verbal and written form.
Area of Responsibilities
- Work closely with scientists and engineering teams (position-dependent)
- Work on an interdisciplinary team on customer-obsessed research
- Design new algorithms, models, or other technical solutions
- Experience Amazon's customer-focused culture
- Competitive pay
- Impactful project and internship/role deliverables
- Hybrid working (team dependent)
- Networking opportunities with fellow interns
- Internships events such as speaker series, intern panels, Leadership Principles sessions, Amazon writing skills sessions.
- Mentorship and career development