2024 Bank Resource Management Industrial Placement Internship - London
🚀 Placement Program
AI generated summary
- Penultimate-year undergraduate with excellent academic achievements, strong analytical skills, a keen interest in finance, effective communication abilities, and the ability to thrive in high-pressure environments.
- The candidate will gain experience and knowledge by shadowing Morgan Stanley employees, pre-planning projects, rotating on different desks, executing secured funding trades, working on strategic initiatives, and contributing to business management activities.
- The Bank Resource Management (BRM) Industrial Placement Programme is an opportunity to experience the culture and atmosphere of Morgan Stanley. Interns will be able to take on some of the responsibilities and functions of a Full-time Analyst for a one-year internship. Interns will join BRM, where they will undertake rotations for the duration of the program and will experience a range of roles, whilst also gaining exposure to Institutional Equities and Fixed Income divisions.
- The Program begins in June with one week of intensive classroom training. This will include an introduction to Morgan Stanley followed by division-specific training. In addition to rotations within BRM, Interns will receive broader exposure across all of Sales & Trading through individual and group project assignments, senior management speaker series and networking events. All Interns will be assigned a dean and a buddy by way of support.
- You are a penultimate-year undergraduate student with outstanding academic achievements, and on track to achieve a minimum of 2.1 honours degree or equivalent.
- All degree disciplines accepted, but applicants must have a keen interest in the financial markets.
- You have strong analytical, problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
- You have the ability to communicate complex ideas clearly and succinctly.
- You thrive under pressure and in ever-changing situations.
2:1 or higher
Area of Responsibilities
Banking & Finance
- Shadow experienced Morgan Stanley employees to gain a broader understanding of the different functions of the desk and the wider Financing business.
- Pre-plan projects to improve the productivity and efficiency of the desk.
- Rotate on BRM’s two desks and work closely with leading Analysts. The two desks are Funding and Collateral Optimisation and Resource Optimisation. In both cases these are desks which work across the wider ISG trading business to optimise funding efficiency.
- Understand the Firm’s secured funding framework and governance and work with traders in executing secured funding trades within this framework.
- Strategy & Resource Management: Work on BRM and Firm strategic initiatives and pursue current strategies.
- Business Management: Understand balance sheet management, risk controls around all of BRM’s business areas, management of capital, and client analytics.
Nov 28, 2023