2024 Compliance and Operational Risk Summer Analyst Programme - London
🚀 Summer Internship
AI generated summary
- Undergraduate student in penultimate year, on track for at least a 2.1 honours degree. Motivated in Compliance and/or Operational Risk, with a desire to work in financial services. Strong written and verbal communication skills in English, attention to detail, and proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- The candidate will have substantial responsibilities in Compliance and Operational Risk, including analyzing regulations, responding to inquiries, monitoring transactions and communications, drafting updates and manuals, conducting risk assessments, and analyzing operational incidents.
- The Compliance and Operational Risk Summer Analyst Programme is a 10-week programme that begins in June 2024 and is for penultimate year university students. The curriculum includes an orientation of the Firm, senior management speaker seminars, social and networking events to build Summer Analysts' professional networks.
- The Program begins with a Firmwide induction with peers from other divisions. This is followed by two days of classroom-based training covering product and industry knowledge, personal effectiveness, technical training and team-building activities. Summer Analysts also receive considerable on-the-job training, a series of Senior Speaker meetings, networking events and work-shadowing opportunities.
- You are an undergraduate student in your penultimate year of study and are on track for at least a 2.1 honours degree or equivalent
- You can demonstrate a motivation to work in Compliance and/or Operational Risk
- You have a desire to work within the financial services / banking industry
- You like project work, particularly completing Risk Assessments
- You have written and verbal communication skills in English
- You enjoy data driven tasks with a need for attention to detail
- You have the ability to use Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word
2:1 or higher
Area of Responsibilities
Banking & Finance
- To give the Summer Analyst a sense of what it's like to work in a fast paced environment like ours, you will be given substantive responsibilities with real impact across the various teams in Compliance and Operational Risk.
- Specific responsibilities may include:
- Analysis of regulations, rules and provide advice on those regulations
- Assisting with responding to regulatory inquiries and examinations
- Conducting monitoring of transactions, employee activities and communications
- Drafting and coordinating regulatory updates, and compliance bulletins
- Participating in compliance risk assessments and analysis of the Firm’s compliance environment
- Reviewing and drafting policies, procedures and compliance manuals
- Analysing operation risk incidents to identify themes and/or patterns
- Performing operational risk Deep Dives on selected Business Units / Products
Nov 26, 2023