2024, EMEA, Commercial Banking, Summer Analyst - London, United Kingdom
🚀 Summer Internship
AI generated summary
- The candidate must have strong academic performance, a business interest, fluency in a second language (desirable), motivation, global thinking, innovative outlook, ability to work independently and in a team, organizational skills, self-motivation, leadership potential, professionalism, strong communication and interpersonal skills, problem-solving ability, intellectual curiosity, cooperation, and commitment to integrity.
- The candidate will support credit approvals, analyze financial data, assist transactions, manage client relationships, handle customer due diligence, coordinate tasks, and prepare documentation within the Commercial Banking division of Citi in London.
- This 10-week program will take place in our London office, the top-performing Summer analysts will be offered a full-time Analyst role for Summer 2025.
- Commercial Bankers are relationship-focused professionals who understand the wide range of complex financial solutions required by our clients around the world.
- The Summer Analyst will work directly with Relationship Managers and Analysts on a portfolio of clients and interface with various Citi teams across the firm and around the world including credit underwriting, cash management, loans, FX, derivatives, capital markets and investment banking. The Summer Analyst is a critical team member supporting Relationship Managers with managing the existing portfolio and generating new business.
- We want to hear from you if:
- You are due to be graduating in 2025
- On course to achieve a 2:1 (or equivalent) at undergraduate level in any degree
- You have an interest in business
- You are fluent in a 2nd language (this is desirable but not essential)
- Who we think will be a good fit:
- We’re looking for motivated individuals, who are eager to start their careers at a global organization, tend to think globally, and have an innovative outlook on business. We know that anyone, not just those with business degrees can have a knack for business, so we’re open to all disciplines and candidates with diverse work experience. We’ll also be looking for the following:
- Ability to work both independently, as well as on a team
- Organizational skills, a high degree of self-motivation, initiative, and leadership potential
- Ability to prepare deliverables for meetings with high profile clients and executives while exhibiting professionalism, maturity, integrity, and insight throughout interactions with the clients
- Strong communication, interpersonal, customer service and relationship-building skills
- Innovative and creative problem-solving ability
- Intellectual curiosity
- Cooperation and focus in achieving group and client objectives
- Unquestioned commitment to integrity ethical decision-making
2:1 or higher
Area of Responsibilities
Banking & Finance
- Offering support in Credit Approvals (for new-to-bank and existing clients), utilizing official/internal databases. Analyzing financial data using financial models including company valuations, discounted cash flow analysis, financing, comparative, and pro-forma analyses
- Collecting and analyzing company information to assist transactions, including conducting industry research, revising, and organizing financial data
- Working with Relationship Managers to determine credit and cash management products to be offered to clients. Working with product, risk management and other partners. Creating pitch books, prospect memos and external/internal client related decks
- Managing existing base of key client relationships for transaction level support for Senior Relationship Managers. Solving client instructions/deficiencies and coordinate trainings (ex. CitiDirect, FX Pulse, etc.) via engagement of all Citi partners
- Working on customer due diligence / KYC for new-to-bank clients as well as existing client base. Handling documentation related to client on-boarding within the Commercial Bank. Initiating CRM workflow for account opening and other TTS products for assigned customers
- Coordinating tasks with internal and external working teams. Supporting Relationship Managers with ad-hoc inquiries and other reports. Preparing required internal documentation e.g. control and compliance regulations