2024, EMEA, Corporate Banking, Summer Analyst - London, United Kingdom
🚀 Summer Internship
AI generated summary
- The candidate must be in their penultimate/final year of university, achieve or have achieved a 2:1 (or equivalent) in any degree discipline, have an interest in business, be fluent in a second language (desirable but not essential), have a dedication to learning and a passion for the business, and possess strong communication, planning, and organizational skills.
- The candidate will be responsible for conducting financial analysis, risk assessment, and deal structuring, as well as collaborating with product partners and presenting new ideas to clients in the field of corporate banking at a leading financial institution in London.
Applications are closed
- You're ready to bring your knowledge from the classroom to the boardroom and Citi wants to help you get there. Whether it's honing your skills or building your network, we know that success can't come without growth. Our programs equip you with the knowledge and training you need to play a valuable role on your team, and establish a long-term career here. At Citi, we value internal mobility, and career growth is not a question of if, but when.
- Citi's Institutional Clients Group (ICG) is looking for summer analysts to join the Corporate Banking team in London. Corporate Bankers are relationship-focused finance professionals responsible for understanding the wide range of complex financial issues facing our clients around the world. As a Corporate Banker, you will drive the client dialogue on capital structure, liability management, liquidity and funding strategies, risk management, and investment solutions.
- Unique to Citi, Corporate Bankers are also responsible for deciding where to invest the firm's capital and executing on those investments. Corporate Bankers work in partnership with various Citi groups across the firm including Risk Management, Investment Banking and the Capital Markets. If none of these terms make sense right now, that's ok! Our internship is designed to help you increase your knowledge, so whatever your degree is in we will give you the training and support you need to excel.
- We want to hear from you if...
- You are in your penultimate/final year of university
- Expected to achieve or have achieved a 2:1 (or equivalent) at undergraduate level in any degree discipline.
- You have an interest in business
- You are fluent in a 2nd language (this is desirable but not essential)
- Who we think will be a great fit...
- A dedication to learning and a true passion for the business are vital. As industries all over the globe continue to restructure and grow, we are hiring professionals who have a global perspective on the future of banking, and want to make an impact on the corporate level. We value diversity and so do you.
- We'll also be looking for the following:
- Commitment to personal growth and career development, a strong desire to learn, and success in team environments
- Knowledge of the global or domestic business landscape is a plus, but not required
- Strong communication, planning, and organizational skills
- Desire to develop a deep understanding of the financial industry
- Unquestioned commitment to integrity ethical decision-making
- Interest in business
2:1 or higher
Area of Responsibilities
Banking & Finance
- Conduct accounting and financial statement analysis, cash flow modelling, and capital markets analysis
- Complete fundamental risk and credit analysis
- Liaise with product partners
- Assist in the presentation and development of new ideas to clients
- Structure deals