2024 Investment Management Off-cycle Internship – Global Stewardship - London
🚀 Off-cycle Internship
AI generated summary
- The candidate must be a graduate or able to commit full-time for six months, fluent in English and local language, adaptable, analytical, detail-oriented, and have good presentation and organization skills. They should be able to synthesize complex data, have knowledge of sustainable finance and fixed income investment products, and be proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- The candidate will be responsible for coordinating proxy voting and engagement activities, researching ESG trends, creating stewardship-related content, and collaborating with various stakeholders across the company.
- The Off-Cycle Internship is an opportunity to experience the culture and atmosphere in the Investment Management Division by taking on some of the responsibilities and functions of a Full-time Analyst for a short period. This internship will offer you an exciting and a dynamic work environment where you get to work alongside our diverse group of experienced professionals. The work that you do will be interesting and varied.
- The internship will commence in the Jan 2024 and typically lasts six months.
- You will receive on-the-job training and benefit from working alongside experienced professionals on a variety of projects.
- You have graduated from university or able to take the time off to commit for a full time internship role for six months if you are currently in study
- Fluency in English and in the local language based on the location you are applying for. An ability to communicate effectively in multiple languages would be an advantage
- You are adaptive, a leader yet team player, as well as a multi-tasker
- You can present your conclusions in a clear and well-structured manner
- You are analytical with excellent attention to detail and well suited to working within a small team environment
- You have good presentation skills
- Ability to synthesise complex qualitative and quantitative data into clear, compelling storylines and graphics that are logically consistent
- Knowledge of distributing content through traditional and digital channels
- Knowledge of Sustainable Finance regulations and Fixed Income investment products is desirable
- Strong organisation skills, self-initiative and ability to execute under tight deadlines
- Good knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Area of Responsibilities
Banking & Finance
- Day to day tasks necessary for coordinating proxy voting and engagement activities across MSIM investment teams
- Researching trends/insights on ESG and wider stewardship regulation
- Assisting with the drafting and creating stewardship-related content, presentations, and reports to meet various regulatory, client and engagement requirements
- The Analyst will interface with a range of stakeholders across the GST and Sustainability Teams, Marketing, Legal and Compliance, Technology, and other ESG specialists across MSIM