2024 Operations Summer Analyst Program - Glasgow
🚀 Summer Internship
AI generated summary
- The candidate for the 2024 Operations Summer Analyst Program in Glasgow should be an undergraduate with excellent academic achievements, strong communication and leadership skills, attention to detail, analytical and problem-solving abilities, strong project management skills, and a client-service oriented mindset.
- As a 2024 Operations Summer Analyst at Morgan Stanley in Glasgow, the candidate will be responsible for trade support, reconciliation, data analysis, reporting, system testing, team collaboration, and client relationship development to ensure efficient and risk-mitigated operations and a top-quality client experience.
- The Operations Division at Morgan Stanley is the front line of defence for the Firm's financial and operational well-being, and works closely with almost all departments in order to safeguard the Firm's reputation and franchise. Operations partners with Sales & Trading, Finance, Legal, and Technology to execute the Firm's institutional, retail, and asset management businesses - via supporting and settling daily transactions, devising and implementing effective controls, developing strong client relationships, and engaging with its business partners to enable development of new structures, businesses, and markets.
- The 13-week Operations Summer Analyst Program is aimed at students in their 2nd or 3rd year of university and commences in June.
- Summer Analysts start their Internship Program with participation in a Firmwide Induction Day covering the overview of Morgan Stanley’s businesses, structure, and strategy. This is followed by two days of classroom-based training covering product and industry knowledge, soft skills, and teambuilding activities. Throughout the Internship Program, in addition to on-the-job training, Summer Analysts will also take part in networking events, training sessions hosted by different teams and work-shadowing.
- You are an undergraduate student who has outstanding academic achievements, and are on track for a 2.1 honours degree or equivalent.
- You have excellent leadership, inter-personal, and strong verbal and written communications skills.
- You pay close attention to detail, have analytical and problem-solving skills, and are able to understand and evaluate complex information quickly.
- You have strong project management skills.
- You are a team player and are client-service oriented.
2:1 or higher
Area of Responsibilities
Business, Operations & Strategy
Banking & Finance
- Trade Support & Reconciliation - Learn key processes in the life cycle of a trade, from deal capture to final settlement, to identifying and resolving breaks and discrepancies.
- Data Analysis & Reporting - Preparation, compilation, and analysis of regular metrics and dashboards to support business decision and strategy.
- Projects & Systems Testing Take part in projects and initiatives, and use systems to efficiently mitigate risk, whilst developing relationships with Technology to design, develop, and implement solutions to business requirements.
- Team Collaboration - Work with team members of all levels to complete daily tasks, share market and systems knowledge, issue follow-ups and escalations, and create best practices.
- Client Relationship Development - Understand the priorities of stakeholders to ensure business needs are met, adhere to and protect client confidentiality, and ensure top quality client experience.
Nov 26, 2023