Inside Sales Intern
🚀 Off-cycle Internship
AI generated summary
- The ideal candidate for the Inside Sales Intern position at Vertex Inc. should have strong analytical skills, effective communication abilities, be highly organized and a self-starter, and possess a desire to learn and be successful in business development and Sales. They should also be proficient in Microsoft Office Packages and social media tools, and have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- The Inside Sales Intern at Vertex Inc. will learn about the company's products and services, research potential prospects, update CRM information, collaborate with the Sales team, attend meetings, and possibly participate in other projects.
Sales & Business Development•Philadelphia, Pittsburgh
- Vertex Inc. is seeking an ambitious and high-energy sales intern to support the company’s Inside Sales Organization. You will work directly with the Inside Sales Representatives, Sales Development Representatives, and Client Relationship Managers to assist in contact discovery, research, and the support of pipeline generating activities. The intern hired will help with tracking and updating sales leads, contacts, and accounts, generate sales reporting, evaluate success, trends, and failures of sales campaigns. The intern should be organized and prepared to work in a fast-paced and dynamic team environment.
- Show creative problem-solving approach and strong analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload to maximize efficiency.
- Effective listener
- Excellent oral & written communication skills required.
- Must have strong interpersonal, organizational, time management, negotiating, closing, decision making, presentation, strong phone skills, exceptional listening skills and above average problem solving skills.
- Ability to use social media tools to develop and nurture contacts, etc.
- Strong facility with teamwork and an ability to learn and adapt quickly.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Packages.
- Junior or Senior Undergraduate student majoring in Business, Mass Communications, Sales, Marketing, or related field with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Positive, professional individual with a desire to learn and be successful in business development and Sales
- Highly organized and a self-starter
- Strong ability to be flexible and multi-task
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, LinkedIn Sales Nav a plus
- Required Foundational Competencies:
- Builds Relationships: Fosters open dialogue and obtains shared commitment to proposals; shared ideas and information to promote mutual understanding, respect, and effective decision-making.
- Drives for Results: Acts to create opportunities for Vertex; has the courage to act with incomplete information rather than simply thinking about it; maintains a focused commitment to achieving enterprise objectives.
- Knows the Business: Understands and applies knowledge of Vertex’s business and processes to accomplish goals.
- Anticipates Customer Needs (internal and external): Establishes and maintains productive relationships with customers and partners, anticipating their needs.
- Learns Continuously: Expands own knowledge base to enhance performance; seeks development to increase strengths for current and future needs.
- Other Qualifications:
- The Winning Way behaviors that all Vertex employees need in order to meet the expectations of each other, our customers, and our partners.
- Communicate with Clarity - Be clear, concise and actionable. Be relentlessly constructive. Seek and provide meaningful feedback.
- Act with Urgency - Adopt an agile mentality - frequent iterations, improved speed, resilience. 80/20 rule – better is the enemy of done. Don’t spend hours when minutes are enough.
- Work with Purpose - Exhibit a “We Can” mindset. Results outweigh effort. Everyone understands how their role contributes. Set aside personal objectives for team results.
- Drive to Decision - Cut the swirl with defined deadlines and decision points. Be clear on individual accountability and decision authority. Guided by a commitment to and accountability for customer outcomes.
- Own the Outcome - Defined milestones, commitments and intended results. Assess your work in context, if you’re unsure, ask. Demonstrate unwavering support for decisions.
Area of Responsibilities
Sales & Business Development
- Learn our products, services, industries, and operations
- Learn different aspects of the sales cycle and the techniques used
- Research and identify potential prospects to support the outbound motion
- Enter and update prospect and client information leveraging the customer relationship management (CRM) system
- Work collaboratively with our Sales team and internal business partners
- Attend weekly team calls and internal meetings
- May participate in other tasks or projects as assigned.