Intern, Software Engineer (Starting Summer 2024)
🚀 Off-cycle Internship
AI generated summary
- The candidate must have a minimum of 120 UCAS points, a predicted 1st or 2:1 degree, and programming experience in a C-style language. They should be bright students in Computer Science, Maths, Physics, or Engineering, interested in internships and placements starting summer 2024.
- The intern will work on real commercial development projects, learning how to write robust software, using Agile and Scrum practices, and utilizing source control and continuous integration platforms.
- Autodesk provides engineers with the software they need to imagine, design, and make anything, across every industry you can think of. If you feel excited by the opportunity to wake up every morning, knowing that what you do has a direct impact on shaping our world, then come and join us at Autodesk!
- We are looking for undergraduates that have the talent and ambition to become accomplished software engineers. During your placement with us we will ensure that you are challenged and given every opportunity to grow your knowledge and experience with the support of an experienced Autodesk developer.
- Summer Interns will get the opportunity to work in an Agile Scrum team, made up of 5-8 experienced software engineers, as part of a larger software development team working on Fusion 360 and reporting to our Engineering Director. While one-year Placements will rotate through four teams in total. The software we develop is both challenging and rewarding - from writing toolpath algorithms in C++ to developing web components in TypeScript - so we will ensure you get the training and support to help you grow and develop your skills during your time with us.
- Minimum 120 UCAS points and predicted 1st or 2:1 degree
- What are we looking for:
- Bright Computer Science, Maths, Physics, and Engineering students for both our eleven-week summer internships and our one-year placements starting summer 2024
- Programming experience at some level, ideally using a C-style language (eg. C, C++, Java, C#), is desirable
2:1 or higher
Area of Responsibilities
- Work on real commercial development projects mentored by experienced Autodesk developers
- Gain experience of working on large team-based software development
- Learn how to write robust commercial software
- Gain knowledge of the commercial development processes used at Autodesk
- Engage with Agile and Scrum working practices.
- Use source control and Continuous Integration platforms such as GitHub and Jenkins
- We offer paid leave, flexible working, private medical cover, plus a new starter stipend. We also encourage our staff to get to know each other, in and out of the office, with subsidised social activities.