Manufacturing Engineering Industrial Placement
🚀 Placement Program
- To provide effective and efficient support to the Operations value stream, helping to ensure that products are delivered to customer on time, to the correct quality in a safe manner.
Area of Responsibilities
- Providing day-to-day support to Operations, helping to ensure that safety, quality and output targets are met for a given area of the Banbury facility
- Authoring, implementing and maintaining a robust ‘standard work’ process deck that meets stringent quality management system requirements
- Ensuring manufacturing methods and processes within the facility are capable of meeting requirements for quality, delivery rate, cost and lead time
- Developing, improving and providing innovation to the manufacturing process, including the trial and implementation of new technologies
- Supporting quality issue investigations, quickly providing robust containment actions and conducting root cause analysis to implement permanent corrective actions
- Supporting new product introduction activities, ensuring that new capabilities/methods are at the required level of readiness for production
- Current undergraduate studying an engineering-related degree.
- An understanding of manufacturing systems, production flow lines and the introduction of new technologies
- Technically competent with the ability to read engineering drawings and reports, and metrology results
- An awareness of current EH&S legislation
- Knowledge of Lean principles and quality problem solving tools
- Experience with CAD packages
- Self-motivated with excellent time management and organisation skills
- Flexible approach, calm under pressure and responsive to change
- Good interpersonal and people management skills
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Operates with the highest level of personal integrity.
- Computer literate; familiar with general PC software (e.g. Windows, MS Office)
- Good written and oral English language skills