Product Reliability Engineer, Internship - London
🚀 Off-cycle Internship
AI generated summary
- The candidate must have strong problem-solving skills, attention to detail, ability to work independently and collaboratively, and a technical background in computer science or engineering. Must be planning on graduating in 2025.
- The Product Reliability Engineer will collaborate with teams to develop and deploy reliable software, proactively prevent issues, maintain and improve operational capacity, and make data-driven decisions to reduce operational overhead.
- Product Reliability Engineers (PREs) are the driving forces of stability across Palantir’s products and help to ensure they are available 24/7. When something goes wrong, we are the first to respond and effectively triage, troubleshoot, and coordinate the resolution.
- Every day at Palantir is different: we’re constantly adapting to better respond to customer needs, and as a PRE Intern, you will work closely with our engineering and business teams to minimise risks associated with the deployment of our products. You are a resourceful, creative, and agile problem solver who is able to work both collaboratively and independently to resolve the most difficult and nebulous technical issues. This includes everything from crafting product health metrics and automated alerts, to fixing product bugs, updating operational tasks, and developing and documenting strategies for responding to incidents.
- Whatever the technical root cause of the issue is, PREs play a central and critical role in resolving it — seeking not just a one-time fix, but a permanent solution!
- What We Value:
- Excellent problem solving skills, ability to break down and explain sophisticated concepts, and strong attention to detail.
- Comfortable working in a fast moving environment with complex objectives that require creative thinking to address product and customer needs.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions autonomously, as well as collaborate as part of a distributed team with members from our offices across America and Europe
- What We Require:
- Background in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or other technical field.
- Must be planning on graduating in 2025. This should be your final internship before graduating.
Area of Responsibilities
- Collaborate with customer-facing, product, and infrastructure teams on the development and deployment of scalable, reliable software for our customers.
- Deliver end-to-end improvements to stability by proactively preventing issues via telemetry and automation; directly reducing the need for reactive support.
- Maintain and improve the operational capacity of Palantir’s platforms, including resolving incidents and streamlining operational workflows.
- Reduce operational overhead and make data-driven decisions about investments in stability and reliability.