RSSL Product Development Internship/Placement Year 2024 - 2025
🚀 Placement Program
AI generated summary
- The candidate must be studying towards a relevant scientific degree, have a predicted classification of 2:1 or equivalent, be self-motivated and driven, have strong analytical and communication abilities, and be able to work autonomously and within a team. They should also have a passion for food, be inquisitive and passionate about technical excellence, and have the ability to build strong relationships. Travel may be required.
- The RSSL Product Development Intern/Placement Year candidate will be responsible for planning and executing experiments, producing reports, presenting findings, collaborating with stakeholders, and supporting ongoing project activities within Mondelēz International.
- As a Product Development industrial placement student at RSSL, you will be working within the Product and Ingredient Innovation (PII) team.
- PII develops and optimises products to meet product development and innovation briefs for clients. These may be clients from the external food industry but could also be stakeholders from across Mondelez. As a placement student you will work independently and as part of the team on a wide range of different products including; bakery, beverages, confectionery, dairy and more. You will support the formulation of new food products, understand the function of the ingredients you are using, and learn different processing techniques, as you support the project managers in the team to help clients take new products to the market.
- We are looking for someone who is passionate about food and enjoys being creative. Someone with an interest in the science of food preparation and its application to the food development process. We would prefer someone that is studying towards a relevant degree such as; Food Science, Food Technology, Nutrition, Biochemistry, Chemistry, or any combined degree such as Food Science and Nutrition or Food Science and Technology.
- Studying towards a suitable scientific degree (detailed above)
- Predicted classification 2:1 (or equivalent)
- Self-motivated and driven
- Naturally inquisitive and passionate about technical excellence
- Can work with a level of autonomy, as well as within a team
- Demonstrate strong analytical, communication and presentation abilities
- Pro-active and ready to take on new responsibilities
- Able to build strong relationships
- Good working knowledge of MS Office
- Able to travel (if required)
2:1 or higher
Area of Responsibilities
Hospitality & Retail
- During the placement, you will be expected to plan and execute experiments related to your projects, produce technical reports/presentations, and periodically communicate your key findings to stakeholders. You will also have the opportunity to interact with other departments within RSSL and possibly the wider Mondelez business. In addition to this, you may also be expected to support other ongoing project activities outside of your immediate team. Where a project is required to be completed as part of your university degree, we will ensure we work with you and your supervisor to devise a project which meets the requirements.