Software Engineering, Site Reliability Engineering Intern, 2024
🚀 Off-cycle Internship
⌛ 28d left
AI generated summary
- The ideal candidate for the Software Engineering, Site Reliability Engineering Intern position at Google should be currently enrolled in a Bachelor's/Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, in their penultimate year of study. They must have experience with Data Structures or Algorithms, coding proficiency in C++, Java, Python, or Go, and be eager to learn other coding languages as needed. Preferred qualifications include previous internship or work experience with programming, familiarity with web and mobile application development, distributed systems, machine learning, networking, and security software development.
- The candidate will research, develop and extend software applications, collaborate on scalability issues, troubleshoot production software, and help maintain critical services at a well-known technology company.
- As a Software Engineering or Site Reliability Intern, you‘ll work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs. Software Engineering Intern: As a Software Engineering Intern, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs. You will design, test, deploy, and maintain software solutions as you, and the business, grow and evolve during your internship.
- We drive reliability and performance across a massive scale. You will work on software development projects to keep important business generating systems up and running, from code-level troubleshooting of traffic anomalies to maintenance of services; from monitoring and alerts to building automation infrastructure.
- This internship is intended for students in their penultimate year of an accredited full-time degree program in the EMEA region who will be returning to their degree program after the completion of the internship. Participation in the internship program requires that you are located in one of the specific country locations identified for this role for the duration of the internship program. Interns will be required to be available to work full-time for a minimum of 13 weeks over the Summer 2024 for the duration of the program.
- Minimum qualifications:
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's/Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, and in your penultimate year of study.
- Experience with Data Structures or Algorithms from university, an internship, open source hobby coding, or other practical experience.
- Coding experience in one of the following programming languages: C++, Java, Python, or Go.
- Preferred qualifications:
- Returning to your degree after completing the internship.
- Internship or work experience (e.g., research assistant, teaching assistant, personal projects, etc) with programming in either: C++, Java, Python, or Go.
- Experience with one or more of the following: web application development, Unix/Linux, mobile application development, distributed and parallel systems, machine learning, information retrieval, natural language processing, networking, developing large software systems, and/or security software development.
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
Area of Responsibilities
- Research, conceive and develop software applications to extend and improve on Google's product offering.
- Contribute to a wide variety of projects using natural language processing, artificial intelligence, data compression, machine learning, and search technologies.
- Collaborate on scalability issues involving access to data and information.
- Utilize exposure to large-scale production software troubleshooting.
- Help maintain mission critical services.
Oct 27, 2023