Software Engineering, Site Reliability Engineering PhD Intern, 2024
🚀 Off-cycle Internship
AI generated summary
- The candidate must be pursuing a PhD in Computer Science or a related field, with experience in Data Structures/Algorithms. They should have coding skills in C++, Java, Python, or Go, and preferably have internships/work experience in programming. Additional skills in web development, machine learning, networking, and security are a plus.
- The Software Engineering, Site Reliability Engineering PhD Intern at Google will research, develop and enhance software applications, contribute to various projects utilizing advanced technologies, collaborate on scalability issues, troubleshoot production software, and assist in maintaining critical services.
- We offer a range of internships in either Software Engineering or Site-Reliability Engineering across EMEA. Durations and start dates will vary according to project and location. Our recruitment team will determine where you fit best based on your resume.
- As a Software Engineering or Site Reliability Intern, you‘ll work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs. Software Engineering Intern: As a Software Engineering Intern, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs. You will design, test, deploy, and maintain software solutions as you, and the business, grow and evolve during your internship.
- We drive reliability and performance across a massive scale. You will work on software development projects to keep important business generating systems up and running, from code-level troubleshooting of traffic anomalies to maintenance of services; from monitoring and alerts to building automation infrastructure.
- This internship is intended for students in their penultimate year of an accredited full-time degree program in the EMEA region who will be returning to their degree program after the completion of the internship. Participation in the internship program requires that you are located in one of the specific country locations identified for this role for the duration of the internship program. Interns will be required to be available to work full-time for a minimum of 13 weeks over the Summer 2024 for the duration of the program.
- Minimum qualifications:
- Currently enrolled in a PhD in Computer Science or a related technical field, and in your penultimate year of study.
- Experience with Data Structures or Algorithms from university, an internship, open source hobby coding, or other practical experience.
- Coding experience in one of the following programming languages: C++, Java, Python, or Go.
- Preferred qualifications:
- Returning to your degree after completing the internship.
- Internship or work experience (e.g., research assistant, teaching assistant, personal projects, etc) with programming in either: C++, Java, Python, or Go.
- Experience with one or more of the following: web application development, Unix/Linux, mobile application development, distributed and parallel systems, machine learning, information retrieval, natural language processing, networking, developing large software systems, and/or security software development.
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
Area of Responsibilities
- Research, conceive and develop software applications to extend and improve on Google's product offering.
- Contribute to a wide variety of projects using natural language processing, artificial intelligence, data compression, machine learning, and search technologies.
- Collaborate on scalability issues involving access to data and information.
- Utilize exposure to large-scale production software troubleshooting.
- Help maintain mission critical services.