Summer Intern Naval Ships Combat Systems Software Engineering - New Malden London June 2024
🚀 Summer Internship
AI generated summary
- The candidate must have a minimum 2.2 Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computing, or Software Engineering.
- The candidate will contribute to the development of cutting-edge software for naval combat systems, collaborating with engineers and participating in the entire product lifecycle. They will be tasked with evaluating requirements, problem-solving, creating engineering deliverables, and analyzing cost, schedule, and risk. They may also have the opportunity to work on stretch projects and participate in community and professional development initiatives.
- BAE Systems do offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements, however it is expected on our Summer Placement Programme you will be required to attend your site 2-3 days per week. Please note, this may be subject to change in line with the needs of the business. The hybrid working arrangements including which days you are required to work on site/remotely will be outlined by your line manager.
- As a minimum requirement you’ll need to have obtained, or be predicted to obtain, a 2.2 in your Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computing, Software Engineering.
2:2 or higher
Area of Responsibilities
- During your time on a Summer Internship with us, over 12 weeks you will be involved in creating cutting edge software for our hardware and be involved in the entire lifecycle of a product, from design and development to integration. Work closely with both Electronic and Systems engineers, you’ll enable the development of complex real-world systems that have to perform perfectly every time, as the consequences of failure could be catastrophic.
- Your work will make real contribution to addressing the engineering issues on a programme and will be likely to encompass requirements evaluation and problem solving, engineering deliverable presentation. Engineering data information, meeting and briefing notes, report writing, presentation preparation, cost, schedule and risk analysis.
- We also provide the opportunity to get involved in projects outside of your primary remit. We encourage you to seek a stretch project in which you’ll gain different experiences. With our huge portfolio of products and our multinational presence, there are opportunities to get involved in something different around every corner. Additionally, we encourage involvement in community projects, STEM initiatives and support groups (called employee resource groups) which all provide valuable learning and development experiences that you may not have access to in your day-to-day role. To ensure we retain our talented people, we offer a blend of sponsorship, additional support in career development planning and a portfolio of high potential development programmes. We are also fully committed to supporting graduates to work towards professional registration and Chartership with a range of professional institutes (e.g. the IET and IMechE). Our graduate scheme is accredited with a number of different professional institutes, which means that we have demonstrated high standards of delivery and support.
- Our mission is to build a strong, diverse, adaptable, and high performing work force that will develop and grow our future business. We believe that everyone has talent, and at the heart of our talent management approach our ambition is to be recognised as the UK’s top employer in the defence and security sector for valuing diversity and inclusion. Accelerated development will be offered to those who have the aspiration, ability, and performance to fulfil roles that are critical to our future success. Using The Future Talent Programme, we select high potential graduates and provide them with further tailored development opportunities.
Jun 23, 2024
- You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.