Summer Placement Student - Data Science & Analytics
🚀 Placement Program
AI generated summary
- The candidate must currently be studying a highly quantitative STEM discipline, have strong mathematical skills, excellent communication skills, enjoy collaborating with others, and be able to work under pressure and prioritize effectively.
- As a Summer Placement Student in Data Science & Analytics at Amey, you will gain practical work experience in a STEM role. You will receive mentoring and support, while working on hands-on projects and contributing to the company's success.
Applications are closed
- As part of the Data Science & Analytics team, you will work within our consulting teams developing transformational change for Amey’s client organisations.
- Your role will be focused on the development and application of data analytics, including techniques such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, to generate insights enabling step-changes in business performance.
- As part of the Data Science team you will work on a variety of data analysis competencies, you will analyse real-world data to support process improvements and innovations for our clients. You’ll see your work progress from data exploration and experimentation through to real world implementation making a difference to rail, road, and the built environment across the UK.
- What we need from you:
- Currently studying towards a degree in a highly quantitative STEM area discipline (e.g. Mathematics, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science)
- A-levels including minimum A or equivalent in Mathematics.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Enjoy working in a team environment, sharing ideas, and collaborating with colleagues.
- Confidence to work under pressure, and the ability to prioritise and plan effectively.
Area of Responsibilities
- The Summer Placement Programme:
- Our 8-12 weeks summer placements are for students who are currently studying towards a STEM degree and are looking for practical work experience.
- You may only be with us for a short time, but we’ll give you valuable experience and development opportunities. You’ll get hands-on experience while learning from some of the best minds in the industry.
- You’ll be given a ‘buddy’ and a mentor to assist you as you settle into your new role, helping answer any questions you may have, and support you in developing the skills and knowledge necessary to succeed.
- Our Summer Placement Programme is so rewarding - whether that’s through your professional development, your growth as an individual or seeing your input really make a difference.
- Career Development – we will provide you with a clear career path by tailoring a program that’s unique to you.
- Support Network – you will be partnered with a dedicated buddy and mentor, as well as community of peers who share your level, building a strong network that will support you forward every step of the way.
- Pension – generous pension scheme which we will contribute to
- Holidays - minimum 24 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy additional days
- Social Value – you will get two Social Impact Days each year to volunteer for a charity of your choice and further opportunities to support fundraising initiatives. Also, where eligible, participate in the Duke of Edinburgh Gold Award.
- Choices - our flexible benefits scheme is tailored by you, including buying additional annual leave, cycle2work scheme, charity giving and gym membership.
- Save with Amey - our online voucher portal gives you access to thousands of discounts from leading retailers to help you save on shopping, days out, or nights in. It includes healthcare, free GP service, dental vouchers.
- Mental Health Support - we offer a wide range of support including a 24/7 helpline, access to the app 'My Healthy Advantage Plus’s and a network of wellbeing ambassadors.