Summer Tax Internship June - August 2024
🚀 Summer Internship
AI generated summary
- The candidate must be a current university student working towards a degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, or Economics. Academic success, internships, and work-related experience are encouraged. Strong desire to pursue CPA designation, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to prioritize tasks, and high attention to detail are essential. Must be a self-starter, adaptable to new software systems, and highly motivated to work in a fast-paced environment.
- The Summer Tax Intern at Brighton Jones will support data collection and preparation, input tax data into software systems, create electronic work papers, and assist team members with various tasks as needed.
Accounting & Tax•Seattle
- Join us at Brighton Jones; our purpose is to make the world a better place through our clients living richer lives. We are the largest RIA in the Pacific Northwest, headquartered in Seattle, with offices nationwide. From the very start, we have been an award-winning organization, from countless Best Places to Work awards — including Seattle Business Magazine's Best Companies to Work for 15 years in a row — to national and regional Community Impact awards, we pride ourselves in our culture and giving back to our community. We are industry leaders, pioneering the next change in the wealth management industry with our focus on aligning our clients’ money with what matters to them through MESI (Mindfulness, Emotional, and Social Intelligence). This allows us to help our clients align their resources with their values, passions, and purpose so they live happier, healthier lives.
- Our team-based, client-centric approach has fueled our growth over the last 20+ years, and we’re now 250 teammates strong and growing, serving more than 4,000 clients, and advising on over $19 billion+ in assets. Every teammate has a path to ownership in the firm. We're looking for driven individuals who bring a "How can I help?" attitude to their work and are passionate about contributing to and celebrating the success of both clients and colleagues. Join our #OneTeam and be part of an industry leader committed to creating an incredible culture where every teammate can thrive.
- Does working with a team of experienced tax professionals who love what they do every day excite you? Brighton Jones, one of the country’s fastest-growing wealth management firms, is looking for a Summer Tax Intern to join the team to make an immediate impact. The tax team at Brighton Jones prides itself on having a collective, fun, and supportive work environment. A significant portion of our tax practice consists of managing the tax compliance process for our clients’ individual income tax, trust, and gift tax returns. Our internship program offers hands-on experience in preparing tax returns for our high-net-worth clients and working on challenging and meaningful projects.
- Eligibility includes current university students.
- Working towards a bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or Economics preferred.
- Academic success and other internships or work-related experience encouraged.
- Undergraduate exposure to tax accounting is a plus, though not required.
- Skills & Attributes We Look For:
- Strong desire to pursue the CPA designation.
- Strong computer skills (Windows, Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat) and the ability to learn and adapt quickly to new software systems (CCH Axcess & Checkpoint, Pfx Scan)
- Excellent work habits, strong organizational skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks and manage workflows.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, with clients and co-workers.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and demonstrates teamwork mentality.
- Must be a self-starter and proactively manage workload, communications, and ownership of tasks.
- Highly motivated to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- A high degree of personal integrity, maturity, and acute attention to detail.
Area of Responsibilities
Accounting & Tax
- Assist with the process of collecting data and preparing it for electronic work papers.
- Input tax data into appropriate software systems.
- Produce electronic work papers for next-level review in conformance with department standards.
- Assists team members with various tasks as needed.
- Values in Action Self-Assessment - At Brighton Jones we don’t just talk about our values, we live by them! We’ve operationalized our values into behaviors and part of the application process includes completing a brief self-assessment on our Values in Action.
- Initial Interview - This 30-min chat with a recruiter or hiring manager gives us a chance to learn about your background and goals and share more about the role and company.
- Role Alignment - Next you'll meet with the hiring manager and a peer (virtual or in-person) to dive deeper into the role, responsibilities, and your transferrable experiences.
- Full Loop - You’ll meet the team in two, back-to-back interviews with team members you’re likely to work with. During these conversations, we’ll be listening for examples of your technical skills as well as how core values show up in your experience. There may also be a writing sample, role play, hiring, or technical assessment depending on the position.
- Personal Reference Calls - In this final step in the hiring process, you will be asked to arrange 1-2 personal reference calls with past managers of our choosing.
- What’s Next - Interviewing is time consuming and stressful, and we appreciate you taking the time to get to know us. Whatever the final decision, we’ll let you know our decision as quickly as we can. If this role isn’t a good fit, we invite you to stay connected and apply again.