Air Quality Graduate - Croydon - (23-24) - July 24 Start
💼 Graduate Job
AI generated summary
- The ideal candidate for the Air Quality Graduate position in Croydon must have an MSc or PhD in Air Quality, strong numeracy skills, excellent communication abilities, proficiency in Microsoft Office, attention to detail, self-motivation, research and report writing skills, ability to work in a team and independently, flexibility under pressure, and familiarity with GIS, modelling or programming is a plus. Previous consultancy experience and a full driving license would also be beneficial.
- The candidate will be responsible for conducting air quality monitoring, performing dispersion modeling using GIS, analyzing data and creating emissions inventories, providing input for environmental statements, coordinating project teams, and assisting with tender and proposal preparation.
- Our Air Quality teams in either Croydon or Basingstoke require a graduate to join us in July 24.
- At AECOM, our team of air quality specialists delivers a range of exciting and varied projects across Europe, the Middle East and Africa. We work in multi-disciplinary teams delivering solutions to a broad base of client sectors including development, energy, oil and gas, water, government and transportation. The team now numbers more than 30 full-time air quality specialists in the UK and more than 500 practitioners worldwide.
- This is a fantastic opportunity to kick start your career in air quality by gaining valuable work experience within an established consultancy. The role will involve working closely alongside experienced and senior members of the team assisting with air quality assessments for a variety of projects with developers, local authorities, government and industrial clients. Project involvement may include Highways England managed motorway air quality assessments; air quality management studies for numerous local authorities; passive and continuous monitoring for the Thames Tideway Tunnel; and the Kuwait Oil Company air compliance management study.
- Air Quality is part of AECOM’s Environment business which provides environmental management services for feasibility, impact analysis and operational compliance as well as remediation, restoration and re-use of impacted property.
- Minimum Requirements:
- Ideally an MSc or PhD in Air Quality (Meteorology, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Environmental Engineering and Project Management and Climate Science, Environmental Management with an Air Quality focus)
- Strong numeracy
- Ability to communicate effectively to internal and external clients, both verbally & in writing with the confidence to engage with a variety of people (clients, colleagues, stakeholders and sub-contractors alike) and the aptitude to rationally explain, explore and discuss technical issues and capture feedback
- Good Microsoft Office skills essential such as Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Ability to structure & prioritize work effectively through close cooperation with the team as a whole
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-motivation, enthusiasm, hard working with ambition and drive
- Excellent research and report writing skills
- Ability to work in a team and independently without losing initiative & focus
- Ability to work flexibly under pressure, responding to changing project and programme demands.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Awareness of GIS, modelling or programming skills would be an advantage
- Previous experience of working in a consultancy environment would be beneficial, including work placements or relevant voluntary experience
- A full driving license would be beneficial as the role will involve travel for site surveys often with equipment
Area of Responsibilities
- Air quality monitoring; including site assessment, preparation and maintenance
- Air quality dispersion modelling in combination with GIS
- Data analysis and emissions inventory work
- Air quality input into environmental statements
- Assistance towards the coordination of multi-disciplinary project teams
- Tender and proposal preparation