Associate - Model Subject Matter Expert
💼 Graduate Job
AI generated summary
- The ideal candidate for the position of Associate - Model Subject Matter Expert at S&P Global should have a bachelor's or post-graduate degree in Finance or a related field, knowledge of credit risk modeling, proficiency in SQL and programming languages (R, Python, and C++), and the ability to effectively communicate quantitative concepts to technical and non-technical audiences. Adaptability and a minimum of 5 years' relevant work experience are also desired.
- The Associate - Model Subject Matter Expert will develop user-friendly quantitative solutions, collaborate with senior team members, analyze datasets for credit rating analyses, and provide insight to solve complex problems in order to inform analytical decisions and support criteria projects.
- The Associate will enhance our ability to produce high-impact, insightful credit analysis and research and grow our relevance in an evolving market by synthesizing, analyzing, and deriving value from datasets, developing, and delivering innovative analytic solutions and models, and helping to build data analytics capabilities across Methodologies.
- Ideally hold a bachelor's or post-graduate degree in Finance, Financial Engineering, Statistics, Quantitative Finance, Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics or a related field;
- Knowledge of capital markets, financial instruments with an emphasis on credit risk modeling is preferred;
- Basic understanding of database modeling/design and applications. Knowledge of SQL and experience in databases such as Oracle, Sybase, or Access would be beneficial;
- Proficiency in excel/VBA and programming languages: R (required), Python and C++;
- The ability to quickly and concisely summarize quantitative concepts to the analytical community, who have a wide range of technical skillsets;
- Willingness to adapt and continue to develop skills to align to a fast-evolving practice; and
- An S&P Global employee at this level would typically hold 5+ years’ relevant work experience.
Area of Responsibilities
Banking & Finance
- Develop and maintain nimble, user-friendly quantitative solutions and tools that will be used by credit analysts globally in credit rating analyses and research publications;
- Collaborate with senior members of Methodologies and Ratings Technology to ensure that our models and tools are reliable, operational, performant, and meet business requirements;
- Create applications and dashboards that utilize models, tools, and data for use across the organization;
- Synthesize and analyze large datasets to derive analytic value and insights for credit rating analyses and research publications;
- Focus on identifying areas for new, creative solutions and continuous improvement;
- Provide insight to the team in solving complex, non-routine problems and tasks;
- Maintain close interaction with analysts, model developers, and subject matter experts to ensure that data analyses and tools effectively inform analytical decisions;
- Work collaboratively with senior model and criteria SMEs within the group;
- Work closely with the Model and Criteria Validation group to ensure a high quality product;
- Write clear, concise specifications and development documentation to ensure consistent and thorough documentation in accordance with policy and procedures; and
- Support criteria projects and be an active member of projects including developing tools, testing of new concepts, data gathering, writing, and preparation of materials.
- Here at S&P Global we believe in offering a competitive transparent benefits package. In London this includes a Wellbeing Support Program, Recharge (S&P Global’s flexible time-off approach under which there is no prescribed maximum amount of time off you can take), our hybrid working model, our Parental Leave, and Give Back Days (five days of paid leave per calendar year to spend volunteering in your community). We encourage you to ask about our benefits during our screening process with our talent acquisition team.