Forward Deployed Software Engineer, New Grad
💼 Graduate Job
AI generated summary
- The ideal candidate must have strong engineering background in fields like CS, Math, Software Eng., Phy., or Data Sci., proficiency in programming languages (e.g., Python, Java), ability to collaborate in teams, eagerness to solve technical problems, and interest in working with large-scale data. Travel may be required.
- The candidate will have ownership of high stakes projects, working in small teams with minimal supervision, spanning architecture discussions, data wrangling, coding, customer communication, and team strategy.
- Forward Deployed Software Engineers (FDSEs) work directly with customers to quickly understand their greatest problems and design and implement solutions to use data against them. Our customers rely on Palantir’s platforms for some of their most critical operations, and projects often start with an open ended question like "How do we evaluate wildfire risk and optimise a power grid as a result" or "How do we quickly assess our food supply chain and modify it to deliver life saving assistance on time?" As an FDSE, you’ll apply your problem solving ability, creativity, and technical skills to help organisations use their data to drive a real impact in the world. You’ll have the opportunity to gain rare insight into and contribute to some of the world’s most important industries and institutions.
- What We Value:
- Ability to continuously learn, work independently, and make decisions with minimal direction.
- Ability to collaborate in teams of technical and non-technical individuals, and comfortable working in a constantly evolving environment with dynamic objectives and iteration with users.
- An eagerness to creatively solve technical problems with data structures, storage systems, cloud infrastructure, front-end frameworks, and other technical tools.
- Interest in working with and using large scale data to solve valuable business problems.
- Willingness and interest to travel as needed to client sites. Ability to travel 25-50% preferred, but requirements vary by team and location.
- What We Require:
- Engineering background, preferred in fields such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Software Engineering, Physics, and Data Science.
Area of Responsibilities
- As an FDSE your responsibilities look similar to those of a startup CTO. You’ll work in small teams with minimal supervision and own end-to-end execution of high stakes projects. Your day might span discussing architecture with fellow engineers, wrangling massive-scale data, coding a custom web app, speaking with customer executives, or establishing strategy for your team.