Graduate - Asset Manager
HS2 (High Speed Two) Ltd
💼 Graduate Job
⌛ 3d left
AI generated summary
- The candidate must have the ability to collaborate with stakeholders, prioritize tasks, problem-solve, communicate effectively, and possess knowledge in relevant subjects such as data manipulation and artificial intelligence.
- The candidate will be responsible for managing and implementing asset management principles, developing integrated systems for digital and physical assets, overseeing infrastructure operations, planning exercises to ensure readiness, maintaining assets, and using ergonomics to maximize safety and efficiency.
- At HS2 we offer a two-year rotational graduate programme, providing you with the opportunity to stretch and challenge yourself across various placements. This programme is designed around enabling you to get as much experience as possible across the business, to support your personal development. After completion of the 2-year graduate programme, graduates will transfer into a role within the business, where continued development will be supported on your journey to grow and succeed.
- We have a graduate opportunity available based in London, with opportunities to undertake placements at other HS2 offices/sites so travel may be required. Graduate opportunities will be available across a variety of HS2 teams including but not limited to those listed below.
- The role will predominantly support the Asset Management team, which is within the Infrastructure Management team. The Infrastructure Management team will be the future operator of the HS2 railway. This means that today we lead the programme of work to create the business capabilities and processes to run the railway and gain the license to operate the infrastructure, while supporting the HS2 Programme, project managers and engineers to ensure the requirements within the operational concepts are realised.
- Ability to work collaboratively across a multidisciplinary team and with varied stakeholders
- Proactive approach and willingness to take responsibility
- Planning and organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise and deliver day to day tasks to agreed deadlines
- Communication skills and the ability to liaise effectively with stakeholders
- Ability to understand complex issues and carry out problem solving.
- 2:2 Bachelor’s degree (or non-UK equivalent) in Mathematics, Engineering, Science, Business, or Economics based subjects
- IT knowledge including; Word, Excel, PowerPoint or equivalent.
- Experience within these fields: data, data manipulation, and information.
- A basic understanding of Artificial Intelligence and analytics
2:2 or higher
Area of Responsibilities
- Asset Management: The Asset Management team are putting in place a structured operating model for the new infrastructure manager organisation, based on ISO 55000 Asset Management Principles.
- This includes the deployment of integrated management systems for both digital and physical assets. They will manage the information being delivered from building the assets, set up systems to manage this information and establish the necessary data analytics requirements to understand the data and bring it to life, using a variety of tools and solutions.
- Infrastructure Operations: The Infrastructure Operations team is responsible for developing arrangements to safely operate the railway from the Network Integrated Control Centre (NICC) in a truly integrated way that differs to the conventional railway network. This includes supporting the HS2 project managers to deliver the railway systems that support this way of working, the development of operational rules, standards and procedures, the planning of exercises to ensure the railway is ready to operate.
- Infrastructure Maintenance: The Infrastructure Maintenance Team is responsible for developing arrangement to safely maintain all assets on the railway and in the stations in a way that invisible to our customers experience and generates the optimum levels of availability and reliability for the lowest sustainable cost. This includes managing contracts to maintain those assets that have already been delivered, development of engineering standards and procurement of on track machines.
- Ergonomics: The ergonomics team uses information about human abilities, attributes and limitations, and applies methods and techniques to investigate and predict people's behaviour. They help to design a railway and an operating organisation that maximizes the safety, performance, efficiency, and reliability of the HS2 network.
- Additional placements might be available in other areas of the infrastructure manager, including the passenger rolling stock and depots team, the infrastructure programme management team, the infrastructure capability team as well as the wider HS2 Delivery Programme.
Mar 5, 2024