Graduate Bridge & Civil Structures Engineer
💼 Graduate Job
AI generated summary
- The candidate must have a Master's degree in Civil or Structural Engineering, strong numerical and communication skills, an interest in digital skills, enthusiasm for the Bridges and civil structures sector, and the ability to develop practical solutions and work independently.
- As a Graduate Bridge & Civil Structures Engineer at Arup, you will work on diverse projects, improving infrastructure for transportation, energy, and water. You will receive mentorship and support to become chartered and join professional training schemes.
- From your first day, you'll join an unrivalled community of experts, where everyone is supported in their career path and guided towards gaining professional accreditation and more.
- You'll help us to deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients. While you'll have a great deal of responsibility from day one, we'll support you as you develop, progress and broaden your understanding.
- We're looking for people who are curious and ready to evolve how they think and work. Our strength comes from how we respect, share and connect our diverse experiences, perspectives and ideas. At Arup, you belong to an extraordinary collective – in which we encourage individuality to thrive. If you can share your knowledge and ideas and encourage others to do the same, whilst having a desire to deliver excellent services for clients – we'd like to hear from you.
- You should be able to start this opportunity in September 2024.
- Is this role right for you?:
- We're looking for graduates with curiosity, personal drive and technical knowhow.
- If you can combine these skills with an understanding of and willingness to learn about the Bridge and Civil Structures sectors, and you have a desire to deliver excellent services for clients, we'd like to hear from you.
- We're looking for the following qualifications, attributes and skills:
- A Master's degree in Civil Engineering or Structural Engineering, from an ICE or IStructE accredited course
- Strong numerical skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Interest in and application of digital skills, such as computer coding for design automation and problem-solving is an advantage
- Enthusiasm for a career in Bridges and civils structures, underpinned by a knowledge and understanding of our sector and work
- Demonstrable understanding of general bridge and structural behaviour and an ability to use this understanding to develop practical solutions to meet Client needs
- Drive for technical excellence and an analytical thought process
- Creativity and a desire to think beyond the norm
- Aptitude to work on your own initiative, be proactive and take responsibility.
Area of Responsibilities
- From day one, you will be part of a friendly and supportive team, delivering projects to improve the infrastructure used every day – whether it is for transport, energy or water schemes. The work will be varied, both technically and in terms of project size and location.
- You will join the ICE and/or IStructE training scheme and work towards becoming chartered, with mentorship and support from Arup.
Newcastle, Edinburgh, Birmingham, Cardiff, Bristol, Glasgow, Leeds