Graduate Management Trainee - Brighton
💼 Graduate Job
AI generated summary
- Candidate must have a Bachelor's degree or relevant professional experience, a full manual UK or EU driving license (accommodations available for non-drivers with disabilities), no recent drug/alcohol-related driving offenses, and the ability to perform well against Enterprise's competencies.
- The candidate will be responsible for making business decisions, developing new business and maintaining relationships, understanding cost control and profitability, delivering exceptional customer service, effectively communicating and influencing, marketing to local business partners, and mentoring and managing staff.
Business, Operations & Strategy•Brighton
- We’re Enterprise Mobility. A family-owned, world-class portfolio of brands that in the UK includes household names such as Enterprise Rent-A-Car. A Times Top 100 Graduate Employer, we’ve grown from a pioneering idea over 65-years ago, to the global mobility leader we are today. With a $35 billion turnover, nearly 90,000 team members and over 2.3 million vehicles across 95 countries, we’re here to advance the world, one journey at a time. Imagine what we could do for your career?
- Join us, and after an initial virtual classroom-based orientation session, you’ll be assigned to a branch office for hands-on business training. Here you will learn valuable business skills from capable mentors who were once in your shoes. That’s because nearly all of our full-time employees started as a graduate in our Management Training Programme, including our current CEO.
- This allows everyone to learn our business from the ground up and to understand how they play a significant role in seeing it succeed. Our promote-from-within culture ensures that you’ll have a well-rounded training experience and learn skills in management, finance, operations, sales and customer service.
- As you progress, increasingly more opportunities will become available to you. You can choose, as most people do, to continue your rewarding ascent within our Rental Operations managerial track. Then - in as little as two years from joining as a graduate - you could become a Branch Manager, in charge of your own team and your own profits. Or you can explore one of many other exciting options within Enterprise including Human Resources, Accounting, Revenue Management, Sales, Marketing and more.
- What is certain is that we encourage all of our employees to be the best they can be, and diversity is a priority in all areas of our business. We have been included in The Times list of Top 50 Employers for Women for seventeen years, as well as Stonewall’s index of Top 100 employers for LGBT inclusion in the workplace. We have also been recognised as a Disability Confident Leader, currently rank tenth in the Social Mobility Employer Index as well as being named a Race Equality Responsible Business Champion by BITC.
- Enterprise Mobility is also still family-owned – our CEO Chrissy Taylor is the third generation of the Taylor family to run the company. This allows us to look forward even more confidently to the future, providing the stability we need to pursue the long-term good for our business, our employees and our customers, even in these challenging times.
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred; however, professional experience can be substituted if applicable.
- You must have a full manual UK or EU driving licence, but we do make accommodations for applicants who don’t drive due to a disability.
- No drug or alcohol related offence on driving record within the last five years is permitted.
- Additional Information
- Regardless of your socio-economic background, university attended, subject studied and degree attained, Enterprise will always look at how you perform against our competencies and will judge you on that alone.
- Please let us know about any accommodations you may need to participate in our recruitment process.
- Please limit your application to only one job posting based on where you live and/or plan to work. Applying to multiple locations will delay your application being processed.
Area of Responsibilities
Business, Operations & Strategy
- As a Graduate Management Trainee, you are empowered to make business decisions that greatly affect your career as well as the bottom line. You’ll gain responsibility for developing new business and maintaining current relationships. You’ll be responsible for understanding cost control, reading your branch’s P&L statement and understanding what it takes to run a profitable business. You will also learn how to deliver exceptional customer service.
- We will teach you how to effectively communicate, influence, and interact with all types of customers, vendors, and colleagues. You’ll learn proper sales techniques, problem solving strategies and conflict management. Those skills will provide you with the opportunity to market to local business partners and build solid, long lasting relationships with key business decision makers. In your development to become a successful manager at Enterprise, you’ll learn how to mentor, train, develop, manage and promote staff of your own. In turn, we’ll reward your development with pay increases and opportunities for continued promotions.