AI generated summary
- The candidate must have a 2:2 degree in Maths, a genuine interest in nuclear energy and the power generation industry, excellent communication skills, problem-solving ability, organizational skills, ability to work to deadlines, and eligibility for security clearance.
- As a Maths Graduate at EDF, your day-to-day responsibilities will involve exploring various company sites, receiving practical and financial support throughout the training program, and enjoying a supportive work-life balance, with opportunities to network and learn.
As a Maths graduate, you will embark on a 15-month programme that offers the chance to experience placements across our nuclear operations and nuclear new build sites. These opportunities could include working on:
- Hinkley Point C, the largest construction project in Europe;
- Sizewell C, our second nuclear new build project and will further support the growth of the future low carbon economy and reduce the need for imported generation;
- An existing operating power station, getting the chance to experience different areas within this like Technical and Safety, Operations and Engineering.
- Within Nuclear Decommissioning, where on behalf of the Government, our job is to remove all of the used fuel from the reactors and fuel ponds, which represents over 99% of the radioactive material from each site.
On this programme you’ll learn from our experts, gain valuable experience, build your confidence and have the support of an assignment manager, mentor and buddy throughout the programme.
Our previous graduates have gone on to become; Technical Managers, Senior Leaders and Heads of Function.
- 2:2 Bachelor’s Degree or a 2:2 Postgraduate Degree (obtained or expected) in Maths.
- A genuine interest in nuclear energy, the power generation industry and technology
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Keen to solve technical problems
- Works well to deadlines in a time critical environment
- Please note that you will need to be eligible to obtain Security Clearance in order to be considered for this role.
Area of Responsibilities
- Get ready for an incredible training experience! Throughout the programme, you’ll have the chance to explore a variety of our sites, immersing yourself in the diversity of our business. We’ve got you covered with practical and financial support every step of the way. Our main locations are; Gloucester Business Park, Bristol, HPC or any of our Generating Stations, wherever you’re based you’ll have the opportunity to make amazing memories!
- We value work-life balance and understand the importance of personal lives, which is why we offer a supportive environment that allows you to thrive both personally and professionally. With ample opportunities to network and learn, this journey promises to be one you'll cherish.
Oct 6, 2023
- 28 days’ annual leave
- Flexible benefits package
- Wellbeing, physical and mental health support services