Software Engineer, New Grad - London
💼 Graduate Job
AI generated summary
- The candidate will be involved in the entire product lifecycle, collaborating with colleagues to understand customer needs and building products to address them. They may also have the opportunity to visit customers and gain a deeper understanding of their mission and challenges.
- Software Engineers at Palantir build software at scale to transform how organisations around the world use data. As a Software Engineer you’ll have an opportunity to grow more quickly than you ever envisioned, as you contribute high-quality code directly to Palantir Gotham, Palantir Apollo, or Palantir Foundry: products that are deployed at some of the most important institutions across the public and private sectors. You'll create features used by research scientists, aerospace engineers, intelligence analysts, and economic forecasters, in countries around the world. Palantir's Product Development organisation is made up of small teams of Software Engineers, each focusing on a specific aspect of a product. For example, you might join a team that builds a Foundry front-end application, or a component of the Gotham release infrastructure. We encourage communication and collaboration among teams to share context, skills, and experience, so you'll learn about many different aspects of each product.
- What We Value:
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with a variety of individuals, including engineers, users and non-technical team members.
- Willingness to learn and make decisions independently, and the ability to ask questions when stuck.
- What We Require:
- Engineering background in fields such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Software Engineering, and Physics.
- Familiarity with data structures, storage systems, cloud infrastructure, front-end frameworks, and other technical tools.
Area of Responsibilities
- As a Software Engineer, you are involved throughout the product lifecycle - from idea generation, design, and prototyping to execution and shipping while also being paired with a mentor dedicated to your growth and success. You'll collaborate closely with technical and non-technical counterparts to understand our customers' problems and build products that tackle them. One of the most effective ways to understand what our users need is to meet them. You may receive an opportunity to tour the assembly line at an auto-manufacturer or join a counter-terror analyst at their desk to really understand their mission and difficulties.