Trainee Business Analyst
💼 Graduate Job
AI generated summary
- The candidate must have strong attention to detail, excellent analytical skills, good time management, and the ability to meet deadlines. They should also possess teamwork and collaboration skills, along with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Additionally, they should be motivated to share best practices, customer-focused, and results-oriented. Strong computer literacy skills, including experience with MS Excel and MS Access, and proficiency in English language are essential. Desirable skills include coding experience, office work experience, and proficiency in additional languages. A strong academic background, with strong exam results at the GCSE and A Level, and a minimum grade 2:1 undergraduate degree or equivalent, are also required.
- The Trainee Business Analyst at SCOR will support the creation and testing of reinsurance plans, provide assistance with data transformation, triage and analyze processing issues, document processes and create training materials, and provide expert support on system functionalities.
Applications are closed
- Over the past three years SCOR have been engaged in a programme of projects (hELIOS) to define, create and deploy a new end-to-end reinsurance administration platform. The new system complies with the latest data protection requirements and facilitates the administration of Client seriatim data for Technical Accounting, Actuarial and Financial reporting purposes.
- This project supports the ambition of the Life Division in replacing multiple legacy tools, harmonizing business processes and focusing resources on more value-add tasks.
For the purposes of this role, the key objectives are to:
- Support the onboarding of new treaties onto the system
- Support the business with the use of the system
- Improve efficiency and processes relating to treaty onboarding and use of the system
- Attention to detail
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good time management and ability to meet deadlines
- Teamwork and collaboration skills in a professional setting
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Motivated to share best practices and learnings
- Customer focused and results oriented.
- Ability to adjust to varying or unexpected changing conditions and shifting priorities.
- Strong computer literacy skills. Experience using MS Excel and MS Access
- Strong English language skills – written and verbal
- Desirable skills:
- Coding experience
- Prior work experience in an office environment
- Any additional language skills – written and verbal (French, Spanish, Mandarin, S. Korean, etc.)
- Strong exam results at GCSE and A Level
- BSc Undergraduate degree - minimum grade 2:1, or equivalence
2:1 or higher
Area of Responsibilities
- hELIOS requires reference tables and mappings to be set up for SCOR Global Life business. This requires analysis of the reinsurance treaties, product literature and existing systems to obtain the data and formula required to populate the tables and mappings. You will work closely with actuarial staff and client administrators. The stakeholders will be based in offices in different locations. Key tasks:
- Support creation of reinsurance plans and mappings. You will either support the business with the creation by providing advice and review or you will create the reinsurance plans and mappings on their behalf. You will be expected to acquire an in-depth knowledge of hELIOS reference data, functionality and life insurance/reinsurance products and data in a short space of time.
- Support the data engineers in their understanding of the policy data in order to facilitate coding of the routines to transform the data to a standard format
- Test the reinsurance plans and test the processing of policy data end to end through the system
- Flexibility will be required to assist with other data-oriented tasks relating to the system implementation which may arise
- Business Support:
- Acquire skills required to become a hELIOS Super User for all hELIOS components
- Triage and analyse processing issues in hELIOS encountered by the business
- Document processes and create/amend training material
- Provide expert support on system functionalities (hELIOS usage, capabilities, structures, business advice)
- Take part in the tests of new hELIOS releases