S&P Global Ratings 2024 Credit Summer Internship Program - London
🚀 Summer Internship
AI generated summary
- Candidates for the S&P Global Ratings 2024 Credit Summer Internship Program in London must be postgraduate or undergraduate students in their penultimate year, with proficiency in Excel and Microsoft Office, and the ability to learn quickly, multitask, and work in a fast-paced environment. Strong problem-solving, time-management, attention to detail, and organizational skills are required, as well as a desire to learn and conduct analysis and research. Fluency in English and the primary language of the country of application, along with strong verbal and written communication skills, are essential.
- The candidate will be responsible for conducting credit and recovery analysis, evaluating collateral pools and credit risk, supporting capital markets, and assisting in reporting and research for S&P Global Ratings in London.
- Join us at S&P Global Ratings, the world’s leading provider of credit ratings. The opportunity provides the chance to embark on a dynamic 10-week summer training and development journey that begins in June 2024. Our program offers unparalleled opportunities for growth, learning, and collaboration.
- Postgraduate & Undergraduate students in their penultimate year of study only. All majors welcome.
- You must reside in the location of the internship throughout its entire duration.
- You must have the right to work in the country of proposed employment.
- Adept with Excel and other Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint). Programming languages such as Python, C++, R, and VBA are recommended, but not required.
- Able to learn quickly, multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Problem-solving, time-management, attention to detail and organisational abilities.
- The ability and the desire to learn to conduct your own analysis and research.
- Fluent command of English Language is essential, as is being fluent in the primary language of the country of application.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills.
Area of Responsibilities
Research & Development
- You will be responsible for conducting credit and recovery analysis related to a range of services provided to corporate, institutional and/or governmental clients.
- You will also support teams that evaluate collateral pools, credit risk, structural considerations, legal considerations, and the ability of secularisation issuers to meet their obligations to pay timely interest and repay principal for a wide variety of structured finance asset types.
- You will be part of a team that evaluates the overall credit worthiness of organisations and their ability to meet their financial obligations for traditional credit-based products as well as a variety of structured banking transactions.
- By supporting capital markets, S&P Global Ratings helps people to start and grow businesses, cities and states to build highways and hospitals, and manufacturers to build factories and create jobs.
- At S&P Global Ratings, your analytical opinion truly matters and each person who works here has an essential role in S&P Global Ratings reputation of integrity, transparency, and ratings excellence.
- Learn and understand ratings criteria and methodology
- Assist with preparing required documents for rating committee and issuer management meetings
- Work with assigned summer intern project teams to successfully complete and present during mock ratings committee
- Provide timely and accurate quarterly financial statistics and data analysis
- Assist in reporting, research, presentations and modelling
- Support the team on improvement in execution and ad-hoc writing projects.