Graduate Environmental Scientist - 2024
💼 Graduate Job
🤑 $56K - $65K
AI generated summary
- The ideal candidate for the Graduate Environmental Scientist position at Mott MacDonald should have a Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Science or Geology, 0-2 years of practical experience in the field, proficiency in AutoCAD and ArcMap, strong teamwork and organizational skills, and excellent communication abilities. Additional qualifications such as OSHA 40-hour training, passing a physical, and a preliminary drug test are also required.
- The candidate will be responsible for various environmental tasks, including data gathering, field observations, and sampling of soil and water. They will prioritize safety, utilize GPS equipment, and work independently with attention to detail. Drafting and mapping skills, as well as knowledge of environmental regulations, are essential.
- Our Environmental team in NY/NJ is currently hiring for an entry-level environmental scientist or geologist to join our team in either the Iselin, NJ or New York, NY offices. In this position you will work with a team of dedicated engineers, geologists and scientists on local environmental projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science or Geology
- 0-2 years of practical experience as a geological or environmental scientist
- A good working knowledge of AutoCAD 2017 or higher, Civil3d experience preferred.
- A good working knowledge of ArcMap, or equivalent software.
- Self-motivated and able to work as part of a team.
- Candidate must be able to work under pressure and to deadlines and have strong organizational abilities.
- Excellent verbal, written, and graphics communication skills.
- OSHA 40-hour training a plus.
- Candidate must pass a physical as condition of employment
- Employment contingent on preliminary drug test in addition to physical
Area of Responsibilities
- Responsibilities may involve gathering data and other associated environmental tasks such as observation of the installation of soil borings and monitoring wells, sampling of soil, groundwater, sediment, and surface water, etc.
- Making visual assessments about field conditions and communicating (verbal and written) effectively.
- Paying attention to site safety, personal safety and following all safety rules and procedures.
- Safely stooping, lifting, crawling, climbing, and walking as necessary to navigate uneven terrain and obstacles on active construction/environmental remediation sites.
- Working independently with attention to detail.
- Utilizing GPS equipment proficiently to collect data during field observations and site inspections
- Working nights and weekends as needed – Overtime is likely, but not guaranteed.
- Competent in CAD drafting/GIS mapping.
- Familiarity with New Jersey and Federal Environmental Regulations.
56000 - 65000 USD
- Dental, and vision insurance, STD/LTD,
- Holiday pay
- Paid time off
- Parents and caregivers leave
- Company paid life insurance