Placement Student - Engineering
🚀 Placement Program
AI generated summary
- The ideal candidate for the placement student - engineering position at Amey should be in their second or third year of a Civil Engineering degree or a related subject, possess excellent communication skills, enjoy working collaboratively in a team, and have the ability to work under pressure while effectively prioritizing and planning tasks.
- The candidate will learn from experienced professionals, supporting the team with technical work, including design calculations, site visits, and preparing reports, while receiving guidance from a mentor and buddy.
- Our 12-month placements, starting in September 2024, are designed for second and third-year undergraduate students, looking for practical work experience to support their university studies.
- You may only be with us for one year, but we’ll give you valuable experience and development opportunities.
- Salary: From £10.40 per hour
- In your second or third year of a Civil Engineering degree, or related subject.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Enjoy working in a team environment, sharing ideas, and collaborating with colleagues.
- Confidence to work under pressure with the ability to prioritise and plan effectively.
Area of Responsibilities
- You’ll learn from some of the best minds in the industry and get hands-on experience by supporting the team with their work on projects. Examples of what you might get involved with include:
- Undertake any work of a technical nature that falls within ability and competence.
- Prepare design calculations drawing and documents.
- Carry out site visits, surveys, inspections, and supervise sub-contractors.
- Prepare feasibility studies, inspection, assessment, and technical reports ensuring compliance with Amey procedures.
- Keep up to date with industry best practice and apply this within a team environment.
- You’ll be given a ‘buddy’ and a mentor to assist you as you settle into your new role, helping answer any questions you may have, and support you in developing the skills and knowledge necessary to succeed.
Nottingham, Sheffield, Birmingham
- Career Development – we will provide you with a clear career path by tailoring a program that’s unique to you.
- Support Network – you will be partnered with a dedicated buddy and mentor, as well as community of peers who share your level, building a strong network that will support you forward every step of the way.
- Pension – generous pension scheme which we will contribute to
- Holidays - minimum 24 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy additional days
- Social Value – you will get two Social Impact Days each year to volunteer for a charity of your choice and further opportunities to support fundraising initiatives. Also, where eligible, participate in the Duke of Edinburgh Gold Award.
- Choices - our flexible benefits scheme is tailored by you, including buying additional annual leave, cycle2work scheme, charity giving and gym membership.
- Save with Amey - our online voucher portal gives you access to thousands of discounts from leading retailers to help you save on shopping, days out, or nights in. It includes healthcare, free GP service, dental vouchers.
- Mental Health Support - we offer a wide range of support including a 24/7 helpline, access to the app 'My Healthy Advantage Plus’s and a network of wellbeing ambassadors.