- We are currently looking for an intern to support our Shared Service Centre in the Finance department in our Manchester head office. This is a paid internship for 3 months starting in 5th June 2023.
In return you'll gain the following experience:-
- Practical experience in a professional Finance environment serving 9 legal entities.
- Teamwork – you will be working as part of a team of 6 or 8 accountants.
- Technology - we use technological solutions to build efficiency and are continuously looking for ways of improving.
- Communication skills – as we work with partners in other countries, you will experience different cultures and ways of working.
- Networking – if you perform well and are interested in a career in the UK or abroad you will be able form connections with our HR team
Area of Responsibilities
Banking & Finance
- Perform support activities in Order to Cash or Purchase to Pay teams depending on the needs of the business.
- The teams work to a daily service level agreement with 9 entities across Northern Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
- Daily activities include banks statement processing, supplier invoice processing, billing monitoring and cash/card reconciliation.
- Other ad hoc duties may be required.
- Operate Order to Cash/Purchase to Pay related ICS (Internal Control System) controls and ensure consistent filing.
- Studying towards a Bachelors or Masters degree in Finance or a related discipline
- Genuine career advancement (more than 80% of all leadership roles are filled internally)
- 6% employer pension contributions
- Private Health Insurance and Employee Assistance Programme
- Company vehicle and fuel card for sales roles
- 33 days' holiday (inc. Bank Holidays) plus the ability to purchase 5 days more annually
- Paid leave to work on charitable projects
- Hilti Benefits Box, a reward platform offering a cycle to work scheme and shopping and lifestyle discounts/cashback
- Different ways to work flexibly, including working from home and compressed hours
- Employee resource groups focused on gender, mental health, race, disability, LGBTQ+ and sustainability topics
- Trips to locations such as Milan, New York and global HQ for high performers across all teams