Research & Development Product Internship/Placement Year 2024 - 2025
🚀 Placement Program
AI generated summary
- Requirements: Studying a scientific discipline, 2:1 predicted degree, self-drive, passion for food, willingness to work creatively, autonomy and teamwork, strong analytical and communication skills, proactive and motivated, organization and planning skills, potential for travel and shift work, proficiency in MS Office.
- The candidate will be responsible for planning and executing trials, coordinating sensory assessments, creating specifications, producing technical reports, and communicating findings to stakeholders. They will also engage with the R&D Community, support ongoing project activities, and potentially travel internationally.
- Are you studying towards a Science Degree (e.g. food science, nutrition, engineering or related discipline) Do you want a taste of the career you could have with Mondelez? Sink your teeth into one of our sweet internships.
- Our Internships are 12 months long (although some roles have the flexibility to be shorter) and during your placement, we’ll make you an integral part of our team and give you a real job – with real responsibilities – from day one. We hope to help you expand your horizons and encourage your personal and professional development.
- We want to make sure you get the most from your time with us. That’s why once you join we’ll work out ambitious but achievable goals for you. Then through the support of a mentor and regular reviews with your manager, we’ll help you achieve them.
- Studying towards a Food Science, Engineering or other scientific discipline (e.g., Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry, Food & Nutrition, Physical Sciences, Materials Science, Physics)
- 2:1 degree - predicted end-result (or equivalent)
- Self-drive and motivation
- Passion/inquisitiveness about food, food trends, nutrition, wellbeing and food production
- Willingness to work on data, creative and open mindset
- Can work with a level of autonomy, as well as works well in a team
- Demonstrates strong analytical, communication and presentation abilities
- Pro-active, highly motivated, ready to take on new responsibilities and build strong relationships
- Organisation and planning skills
- If there are opportunities, able to travel overseas, for plant trials/commissioning work and occasionally work on shift, as projects needs dictate
- Good working knowledge of MS Office
2:1 or higher
Area of Responsibilities
Research & Development
- As an intern at Mondelēz International you will be responsible and accountable for your project(s). During the placement you will be expected to plan and execute trials of various scale (e.g. benchtop, pilot plant, and factory) as appropriate for your project as well as to coordinate informal sensory assessments. Key deliverables will be to create or update specifications, produce technical reports/presentations and periodically communicate your key findings to project stakeholders. You will also have the opportunity to interact with the wider R&D Community, other business functions and external suppliers. In addition to this you may also be expected to support other ongoing project activities in and outside of your immediate team. For some roles, occasional international travel may be required.
- This job description is relating to roles in our Bournville Chocolate Research and Development location. This is our chocolate centre of excellence. Teams work primarily on chocolate projects from around the world but we also work on other snacking formats.
Nov 3, 2023